ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Poker
Anyone like poker? Are you good? Do you play online or offline?

Due to the fucked laws of our great nation 'Murrica, I can't play poker in real life yet. Online poker is fun though. I play bitcoin poker at Seals With Clubs.

I generally suck, but sometimes I do ok. The times I do ok or good though, I go on tilt and suck again.

I just placed in 2 tournaments though. I got 6th in the first one which had a 2 chip buy in and 58 entrants. I won 7.7 chips. The 2nd one had a 5 chip buy in, and 28 entrants. I came in 3rd and won 22 chips.

A chip is 0.001 btc there, so about 58 cents a chip. Meaning the 2nd time I bet around $3, and won around $13. It lasted just over 30 minutes. Not too bad.

Overall, I'm in the red. But for right now, in the short term, I'm doing good.

I'd love to play real life poker, but w/e.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
You don't even just get some friends and play casually, no real money or anything?
Yeah, for real, playing with a group of people, in real life, with friends or not, is actually the epitome of poker.

Online is sick, don't get me wrong, I reckon I smashed the facebook poker for like...6 months, just raking it in cause everyone on there is fairly dim and plays with their eyes, not their mind.

But real life is really fun. Having to try and strategise in a social situation, with an actual feeling of intimidation creates a whole different atmosphere. It's more so how poker should be played... personally. ./preach

____________-

as for being good....I don't reckon I'm anywhere near good, but a basic understanding of the game provides enough for anyone to get creative, or that's just how I feel.
Last edited by Peter; Aug 12, 2014 at 09:57 AM.
Call me a moralfag but I think a law that forbids gambling under the age of 18 is a great thing.. Or is it 21 in USA?

I'm horrible at poker. I did some casual games with friends but I got kind of humiliated D:
I love playing casual poker with a group of friends. I'd say I'm good.. at least compared to them..
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Call me a moralfag but I think a law that forbids gambling under the age of 18 is a great thing.. Or is it 21 in USA?

I'm horrible at poker. I did some casual games with friends but I got kind of humiliated D:

Yeah but that's the thing, if you're playing online, there's no real feeling of humiliation, or anything socially derived emotion for that matter.

Edit: Sorry for being on the mad comparison mish :/
Can you guys recommend me a good online poker?
My zoo:Vog-dog,kat-cat,Matt76-brother,tman-tbitch,iRookie-lesbian,RKG-erky,brigada-bitch-X.
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
You don't even just get some friends and play casually, no real money or anything?

As if I have friends

Originally Posted by Dilara View Post

No 18 would be fine, it is 21 in the USA though. 21, but you're an adult at 18. Responsible enough to give the gubberment money, smoke cigarettes, and die for your country, but not to play a little poker. And it's legal at 18 to play online poker, so why not just make real life poker legal too god damn it.

Originally Posted by GiraFFus View Post
Can you guys recommend me a good online poker?

Seals With Clubs is good if you want to play with bitcoin. Lowest stake game on there has .01/.02 chip blinds. That's half a cent for the small blind, a penny for the large blind.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
I'm fine, since it's easy to read my friends. I can always tell when one of them is bluffing, they all have that one thing they do.
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
No 18 would be fine, it is 21 in the USA though. 21, but you're an adult at 18. Responsible enough to give the gubberment money, smoke cigarettes, and die for your country, but not to play a little poker. And it's legal at 18 to play online poker, so why not just make real life poker legal too god damn it.

Haha, good point! I always thought America's age of adulthood was a bit strange.