ES Recruitment Drive
It's time to move on
i turned toribash toxic. ME.

what are u gonna do about it
I love toribash and no one is toxic
Do you know that part in Life of Brian where they all agree for minutes on end that they should take action instead of just talking about it? This thread starts to remind me of that scene.
evil Führer of Evil
Originally Posted by list View Post
Off-topic is pretty much wibbles right now. Just less spammy.
Also no, I don't recall this much toxicity circa 2011-2014, more scam sure.
Naturally people would divert over to discord for the convenience but even then yes, the playerbase is suffering.

I agree with this take, Toribash was a very welcoming community. I would've been barely 10-11 y/o when I stumbled into it, I was greeted with open arms. I was even gifted textures that I still have in my inventory. Thats why I was so shocked when I came back and the first lobby I joined people were being toxic towards me almost instantly. Felt like a MW2 lobby.

I completely understand that society has changed dramatically in the last decade, however with such a niche community, we can 100% turn this around.
-----
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Toribash Mobile is going to catapult us back in time straight to the glory days. Just you watch.

TBH I don't think increasing the player base is what's needed, some extra activity would be fine, but if we dump a few hundred/thousands of new players, it would go even more toxic. Unless they implemented belt based lobbies, I know there's something already like that, so maybe it'll be fine.

IMO is getting the already existing player base excited to play Toribash again, more community efforts, exciting opportunities. etc etc.
Last edited by deathscope; Jan 2, 2024 at 02:33 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
I don't know that scene

There you go:

evil Führer of Evil
Originally Posted by deathscope View Post
I agree with this take, Toribash was a very welcoming community. I would've been barely 10-11 y/o when I stumbled into it, I was greeted with open arms. I was even gifted textures that I still have in my inventory. Thats why I was so shocked when I came back and the first lobby I joined people were being toxic towards me almost instantly. Felt like a MW2 lobby.

I completely understand that society has changed dramatically in the last decade, however with such a niche community, we can 100% turn this around.
-----

TBH I don't think increasing the player base is what's needed, some extra activity would be fine, but if we dump a few hundred/thousands of new players, it would go even more toxic. Unless they implemented belt based lobbies, I know there's something already like that, so maybe it'll be fine.

IMO is getting the already existing player base excited to play Toribash again, more community efforts, exciting opportunities. etc etc.

Only toxics survived that long, thats why tb feels toxic atm

[s] [tgs] [w] [dp]
Clan League 2013 & 2019 Champion
Toribash as a whole has been kinda dormant for like 7-8 years. At this point in time i'm already an old dude (kinda) in this community and i've been wandering the forum for a long time now, people just got bored or done with the game because it didn't really bring anything new to the table. Toribash can't really compete these days with any kind of game which is made by a big studio. We've been waiting for TB next at this point for like 6-7 years and we mostly know how it will be, do you see anyone really that hyped about it? Not really. Toribash mobile would bring some new people just because these days everybody uses there phone too much, but who says those new guys won't leave as fast as all the new players that come on PC these days?

Tbh i think this game peaked in the 2010-2015 era, for me 2012-2015 coz that's when i started playing it, but like anything post 2016-2017 is just dead in the water.