ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
queue time(thought experiment with me)
Instead of waiting in lobbies for matches, how about a new format with a global chat/chatrooms separate for your server. Players queue from a menu (replays or singleplayer), get matched, and play in private instances for quicker matches.

eventually you could match based on elo, but that only works if you have enough playerbase to fill the ranks which we dont. so itd have to be random unless your doing a big server or private with friends which would be similar to now? but i remember tb tried this with ranked a while back and no one really touched it, the ui needs to make it apparent that people need to play through the new system and only creating servers for personal reasons(like now ig)
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 13, 2024 at 12:55 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
street fighter 6 has casual matchmaking, which is basically random, and ranked matchmaking, which is elo-based
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
street fighter 6 has casual matchmaking, which is basically random, and ranked matchmaking, which is elo-based

yes but the problem with those is you lose the community that toribash has in-game, my only solution is chatrooms that are in the bottom left similar to whispers so you can talk to people, or discord integration
-----
i guess do away with public(i probably mean official) lobbies and have them set up as a 1v1 server ONLY or whatever pvp count in TBN, the key i think is that it has to be the only way to get into a game in toribash, if you have the ui for it ducked off in the corner but u have the server list dead center nobody is going to look at the matchmaking, make it harder to find the server list and make finding the matchmaking obvious and stupid easy
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 13, 2024 at 10:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.