Ranking
I was gonna say something witty, but hanz0 already beat me to the punch.

Maybe in the future we'll have a magical potion that clones brain cells, in the mean time, stop whinning.
So I'm gonna go ahead and say this: improving brain cells isn't really possible.
I'm gonna make an educated guess.
Your toddler years are when your brain absorbs a TON of information and develops at a crazy rate. So based on how these crucial years go intellectually, that's how you'll learn for the rest of your life.

This is why I think you can't improve your brain cells. They are not a muscle.
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post

I'm approximately 90% sure that it's not just Mozart - virtually any kind of music will (TEMPORARILY) improve aptitude.
That "temporarily" thing is important too. I haven't heard of any studies where sitting around, passively listening to music will permanently improve your intelligence.

http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/...b-intelligent/

This article shows that different kinds of music all do have effects on the brain and aren't bound together as according to this chart; someone who listens to Lil' Wayne, and someone who listens to Beethoven will have very different test marks.

http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/music.shtml

^ Read #2

http://www.playpiano.com/wordpress/p...ke-you-smarter

*It's long I know, but you get the idea.

So according to these music does make us smarter and it does depend on what kind of music we are listening to. As shown by the chart.

Although exceptions can be made music does indeed make you smarter.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
None of your citations are valid links. Please try again.
EDIT: Also, if you're going to straight-up copy/paste from other websites, it'd be really nice if you'd source said websites.
EDIT2: Yahoo Answers? Really?

Technically speaking, red blood cells don't "reproduce" on an individual basis. And neurogenesis does occur in adults.

Oh for fuck's sake please don't bring up that myth.

A single personal example does not a valid argument make.

There's lots of other reasons they're illegal, too.

... That's not even close to how memory works.

I'm approximately 90% sure that it's not just Mozart - virtually any kind of music will (TEMPORARILY) improve aptitude.
That "temporarily" thing is important too. I haven't heard of any studies where sitting around, passively listening to music will permanently improve your intelligence.

In summary:
[21:54:35] <jalis> this thread
[21:54:41] <jalis> is [citation needed]: the thread

God damn... You know your stuff :P.

But, as I said... Brain cells are not able to reproduce BUT you can try to multiply one into more.
Sorta like cloning basically, just cloning another cell.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Cloning another cell? how does that work o_o
and it need a bit good time to clone maybe o;
-----
and yes hanz0 i copied all that from YahooAnswers because i found it the best answers YET!
Last edited by oofun4; Nov 4, 2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
Brain cells don't even have to do with anything relating to super-smarts. The correct terms would be temporal lobe, cognitive processing, perception, etc.

So this thread is out of place.

I'm sorry, but I just had to. It needed to be said.
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post
Brain cells don't even have to do with anything relating to super-smarts. The correct terms would be temporal lobe, cognitive processing, perception, etc.

i disagree with you sir , brain cells got to do with many things in our human (or non human body if possible o_o)
as we know , brain controls our body , and the brain is made from cells and other mystical stuff. so it defiantly should be related to our intelligence levels

even to our reaction , some searches proved that human who speak 2 languages got different reaction when he gets angry .. while the human with one language reacts in different way too , but not better than the first , WORSE , he gets mad fast , he might not be patient.
Originally Posted by NormalCitizen View Post

Brain Cells is what helps the Brain run right. Without them you would be literally brain dead, a walking dead human.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Originally Posted by MrJingles1 View Post
http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2009/03/...b-intelligent/

This article shows that different kinds of music all do have effects on the brain and aren't bound together as according to this chart; someone who listens to Lil' Wayne, and someone who listens to Beethoven will have very different test marks.

http://www.emedexpert.com/tips/music.shtml

^ Read #2

http://www.playpiano.com/wordpress/p...ke-you-smarter

*It's long I know, but you get the idea.

So according to these music does make us smarter and it does depend on what kind of music we are listening to. As shown by the chart.

Although exceptions can be made music does indeed make you smarter.

Source 1: Correlation does not imply causation. There's plenty of other factors you could link to what kind of music someone is likely to listen to that could also be a cause of low scores.

Sources 2 and 3:
Better, though it still seems to me that they are still saying that listening to music is more of a temporary effect. I'd have to go look at the primary resources (it's admittedly been some time since I read an actual study regarding listening to music and intelligence) to confirm that. I definitely don't dispute the "learning to play an instrument can make you smarter" argument, though.

Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
God damn... You know your stuff :P.

But, as I said... Brain cells are not able to reproduce BUT you can try to multiply one into more.
Sorta like cloning basically, just cloning another cell.

Cellular reproduction (More accurately, replication) is technically cloning, since both resulting cells (should) have identical genomes.

Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
i disagree with you sir , brain cells got to do with many things in our human (or non human body if possible o_o)
as we know , brain controls our body , and the brain is made from cells and other mystical stuff. so it defiantly should be related to our intelligence levels

The connection between number of neurons and intelligence is rather more complicated than that.

Originally Posted by oofun4 View Post
even to our reaction , some searches proved that human who speak 2 languages got different reaction when he gets angry .. while the human with one language reacts in different way too , but not better than the first , WORSE , he gets mad fast , he might not be patient.

Uncertain where you're going with this.

Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
Brain Cells is what helps the Brain run right. Without them you would be literally brain dead, a walking dead human.

Actually you'd just be completely dead, being as control of things like breathing come from the brain too. There are some interesting conditions where you lack most of your brain (warning: potentially disturbing pictures), but in the cases where the individual is able to survive for any period of time they've usually still got the part of the brain responsible for lower-level functions.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Hanz0 I got a small request for you , can you stop being that serious , you scare me >:
And No it's not good if you are gona say it is good
Last edited by oofun4; Nov 5, 2012 at 04:12 AM.