ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by kooky View Post
As far as the physics explain, a solar storm will occur in dec 21 2012 which will activate a super volcano, which will kinda suffocate the earth.

I-I'm....I'm speechless...wow...
..Just wow...

However on-topic to the thread
The human race will end sometime, earth will become uninhabitable at some point, but the closest thing to the apocalypse we are now is probably nuclear wars.
Humans will use up the resources....
Humans will eventually kill themselfs. (not suicide)
So basically before any natural contastrophe (or how ever its called)
We would end up killing our selfs with our contastrophes .
It's a Space conquest vs Human stupidity fight.
We just have to survive.... 1000 - 2000 years ? (if we're slow)
Last edited by vins84; Apr 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Toriolympics - 2nd place | Fr_Death Leader |ORMO Member |
Not really. I mean, were just one planet? We can't keep this together all the time. The way were going now, probably not. With the fumers from cars and our habits of smoking, fossil fuels. This earth will probably fall apart in the next thousand years. But the chance of a huge astriod hitting us. were one of the smallest planets out here, its bound to hit something before it hits us, that and our technology can probably stop it before it hits anyways.
Vins pretty much hit the nail on the head, as far as a natural apocalypse goes. If we can survive long enough for our technology to catch up to future threats against us then we can survive them, that and if technological advances in space travel grant us the ability to find a new habitable home before we drain Earth's resources, we may have a chance.

But in all reality, human nature and greed will lead to our destruction and poses a great threat to us than a more uhh... Natural extinction, in my opinion anyway.
Originally Posted by Beldum View Post
the earth is only 2 billion years old :O

4.6 billion, to be exact.
The earth will be uninhabitable eventually one day, years in the future. Unless we find a way to keep the sun going forever, or whatever, then we'll eventually have to go elsewhere, I don't know if this constitutes an apocalypse, though since humans would still be alive but living elsewhere.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
Somethings bound to happen sometime, there's just so many things that could fuck up the tiny little rock that is earth ;o

not to mention something could also happen to the sun/moon and we'd be fucked too.

So true. We are in the firing range that is called the solar system. Emense powers surround us. Gravity shoots asteroids up to 10 miles accross past us. our moon is slowly drifting away from us. Once it leaves the earths gravity it will then orbit and rotate out of control causeing heat variations so drastic that life (As we know it) wont be possible.
-----
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
Us humans will just move to mars, being the weak faggots we are.

Weak? Ha! Weak?! Moving to mars is about the strongest things we could do! think about it. Leaving earth. Ive grown up here all my life. Its been fucked up by global warming, ravaged by polution, and endless pools of blood have been spilt on its surface. But damnit, could you imagine leaveing the place you love so much? Especially knowing that you might not survive the trip to mars? That would be the hardest thing ever for me. It takes courage and strength to do that. Not cowardess...think before you speak.
Last edited by WingedGod; Apr 5, 2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Redbull Gave Me Wings