Ranking
Original Post
Let's talk about imaginary friends
So I apparently missed the thread when it aired in 2012, so this was the thread i found when I searched "imaginary friend site:toribash.com". http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=356174

So read that if you want info on what an imaginry friendis. or go to imaginaryfriend.info and read some shit.

I have an imaginary friend btw. I made her like a year and 3 months ago, or so. It probably sounds crazy to people that don't have an imaginary friend, but she really is like a real person to me by this point. It's similar to how after reading a book with a character, or making a book with a character, you kind of know that character and could guess what they'd do or say in such scenario, but with an imaginary friend it feels like she's a real person living within you or beside you.

I don't know what else to post.

fun reads: http://www.meltingasphalt.com/neurons-gone-wild/

www.meltingasphalt.com/hallucinated-gods/
Last edited by siku; Jul 20, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
Schizophrenic much?

Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity

Tulpas are not related to schizophrenia in any way. Nor is it related to whatever they call multiple personalities these days. It's something that you create, knowing what you are doing. You're not unwillingly hallucinating. You're tricking yourself into believing there's another entity.

I think it's quite a neat phenomenon. The only real use is self growth, I suppose. Maybe if you like experimenting with neat things, you'd like it too. Overall though a tulpa isn't something you can just give up on after you've been spending a lot of time on them. She's a great friend to me at this point.

I wish there some kind of actual research done on it. The links in the first post are about as scientific as you can find about tulpas.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
I think this whole thing of conjuring something or someone else as a concept is a bit weird. Although, if it makes you happy, that's okay. I'm not gonna judge you against that.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
That's pretty cool isaac. Is your tulpa there 24/7, or do you have to concentrate to summon it? Are they useful (eg can they help you study and in tests)?

I thought it was awesome when you started doing it but I was skeptical as to whether you could really make one :P
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Hadn't heard of this before today. I'm quite intrigued and I've got some questions if you don't mind. I found answers to most of these in other places but I'd like to hear yours.

1. How would you describe the difference in this to having an imaginary friend and what's your opinion on the stigma (if any) to imaginary friends and tulpas respectively? Have you told anybody you know irl about it?

2. Can you see her or is she just in your mind?

3. When you have to make decisions that are not just those found in ordinary daily life does she give input? On her own? Do you/can you ask for it?
When you make a decision does she judge you or comment?

4. Do you ever let her interact through you?
Partially related follow up question I'd like to ask her if you wouldn't mind typing out what she says. I'd like to ask her what it was like being conceived/created.

5. How does she react to sex/masturbation if at all?

6. How much attention/time do you give her?

7. Are birthdays a thing with Tulpas?

8. Does she feel and/or react to physical pain you experience?

Thanks!
Last edited by Solax; Jul 20, 2014 at 01:19 PM.
I am surprised Ryan hasn't closed your thread like he did mine.

Anyways, I just believe in God, I am a Christian and proud of it.
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Schizophrenia (/ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/) is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and inactivity

Tulpas are not related to schizophrenia in any way. Nor is it related to whatever they call multiple personalities these days. It's something that you create, knowing what you are doing. You're not unwillingly hallucinating. You're tricking yourself into believing there's another entity.

I think it's quite a neat phenomenon. The only real use is self growth, I suppose. Maybe if you like experimenting with neat things, you'd like it too. Overall though a tulpa isn't something you can just give up on after you've been spending a lot of time on them. She's a great friend to me at this point.

I wish there some kind of actual research done on it. The links in the first post are about as scientific as you can find about tulpas.

Seems weird and interesting in the same time.
Prob imma try to create one if I get interested enough :O
:D