Toribash
Original Post
Toribash's Former Glory Days
I opened this discussion page out of pure curiosity. Toribash is a game I've been playing since 2014 ish. Some of my most nostalgic memories are watching the big tourneys with all the greats. iKolourz, Hattisin, iRookie, the list goes on. Watching their games blew my scalp back, the fluid yet unbeatable nature of their game was a spectacle to experience. I still remember making it into my very first 'big' clan, Nitro. I felt such a sense of accomplishment at the time.

You can imagine my disappointment when I re opened the game after almost a decade of inactivity, seeing almost zero players and 90% of the community turning toxic.

Its honestly upsetting seeing such a unique game, with a strong past go completely cold. Yes I know its not a new concept and happens everyday, but I'm holding onto those glory days god damn it.

I really hope to see this community slowly grow from a dying ember, back into a community and game that will have me excited to play and spectate after a days work, just like it was in early high school almost a decade ago.

I'd love to see some old names pop up in this discussion, it would bring back a sea of memories.

That's all from me.

Toribash core always was built around toxicity (due to competitive nature of the game) but because of bigger (much bigger actually) amount of active players it wasn't that obvious.

I'm missing forum activity, like you could refresh page every minute and there always was smth happening, now it is pretty calm out there.

Also wibbles, yes (#returnwibblesplease)

smegma controller
I do completely understand how competitiveness breeds toxicity, especially online where words don't have repercussions and are semi anonymous, but I never saw it much, I suppose being 11-13 doesn't help.

Lacking a sense of community activity is a big deal. I can definitely see why newer players get deterred
we are trapped in a loop
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Originally Posted by 100USD View Post
i turned toribash toxic. ME.

what are u gonna do about it

im proud, let the hate spread
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal