Ranking
Original Post
Why does Toribash has no players left
Is it because the game does not retain peoples attention, because the game is boring, or because permanent bans are being thrown out like candy and a solid percent of veterans are permanently banned, what are your opinions for the downfall of Tb
It is a pretty old game at this point (17 years old) that didn't change in any major way since its release. Most veterans or players that have been in this game for a long period of time (me included for example) we did most of the things that this game has to offer and some of us just got bored of doing it. The game is pretty boring after you play it for a while and also the game is not really newbie friendly. A lot of people try the game and just give up on it because it seems to hard to learn.

Also Toribash as a whole was never really a popular game and at this point in time probably will never be or grow higher than it has ever peaked in the past.
Last edited by azzeffir23; Feb 26, 2023 at 08:57 PM.
Originally Posted by KlausSchwab View Post
Is it because the game does not retain peoples attention, because the game is boring, or because permanent bans are being thrown out like candy and a solid percent of veterans are permanently banned, what are your opinions for the downfall of Tb

i dont think the bans have much to do with why their arent many new players

new players are dragged in from the parkour and spar replays, but then they quit when the realize it will take a long time for them to learn the game. I think if the gore and competitive sides were shown more, the game would retain more new players. The expectations of gameplay are set too high as soon as they see a parkour replay
dbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdbdb
this becoming a pretty repeated topic on the board now, so i'll re-summarize most of the points that have been made

- new shiny cosmetics and the battle pass aren't really a useful method for player retention and likely won't attract new players singlehandedly
- showing the competitive side is cool from a spectator standpoint, but what REALLY needs showcasing is the goofy silly side. more fun mods where you don't need to know anything about controls to have fun
-> this gives new players a hook to grab on when they see how spontaneous and satisfyingly violent the game can be, but once they get their hands on it and realize the challenge of control mastery, they can lead themselves to developing a better understanding of the game

i personally think any game that almost requires outside resources to be played is a bad game. toribash seems to feel that way when all that gets shown/promoted is the competitive MMA aspect, which needs a lot of skill and practice on *just* the game's fundamentals to play. there needs to be more focus placed on effortless, silly fun like on mods and tori customizing.

global replays that show off more "esports" highlights, parkour replays, etc. may then tempt these new players into wanting to learn how to do what they see. for the sake of retention though, just give people a foothold through goofy mods that make the game more memorable
funny blue smiling person
please to be enjoying lowkido
let's bring minibash back!
Originally Posted by Froog View Post
i dont think the bans have much to do with why their arent many new players

But it definitely has to factor in with older players, which is why I used the word 'veteran' ....
i think this game should add a tab on one of the corners of the screen with family guy or subway surfers playing 25/8 so me and other fellow rotten tiktok brainers can continue to indulge in proficient ball clicking
Last edited by Halu; Feb 26, 2023 at 12:52 AM.
EMS (Emergency Medical Services) | PT
não dói joca
It took me 5 minutes to comment this, I couldn't come up with anything interesting but still I wasted that time I'm leaving this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Indonesian? | Magical Mode!
Chronoptic energy bursts from one plane to the other, evaporating anything it touches.

Originally Posted by Halu View Post
i think this game should add a tab on one of the corners of the screen with family guy or subway surfers playing 25/8 so me and other fellow rotten tiktok brainers can continue to indulge in proficient ball clicking

please do this I need it

convert the game to android and dump it in India and brasil for infinite playerbase
if i can get to work on minibash i might jokingly suggest it to be a compatible addon for tb next or something
funny blue smiling person
please to be enjoying lowkido
let's bring minibash back!
it also does not help that you have an entire economy that is based on teenagers and children literally gambling to make tc via betting and dueling. Like what could go wrong with letting kids gamble?