ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Kozmonaut View Post
its all Bailey's fault

This is the only reason tbh.
<a href=https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6 target=_blank>https://imgur.com/gallery/AnXm6</a>
Dargon Moderated Message:
Infracted for having the best goddamn replays in Toribash history.

lot of staff sneak dissing but i dont think the staff is what drives the game at the end of the day right?

a serious answer:

first, you have to understand that the lore from the community carries so much weight that this is the sole reason that the game still exists today. many of us played for a long time, made online friends, had laughs and made real friendships that have lasted years. that nostalgia is so real that we return to the game we have now mastered out of habit/nostalgia. the players that experience this are the current overall population of the game. currently there is not enough incentive to truly spend time and enjoy playing the game. the older players that have mastered the mechanics of the game only have dueling and which was mentioned before you need TC for. TC doesn't equate to anything inspiring in the game other than to flip for real money (since all the vets are adults now and we all enjoy pulling some quick cash on a game we have fair odds to beat most people). in order to please older players TC has to mean something, games have to mean something. I think more large scale competitive events with different win terms and development of ranking and leaderboards.

for the newer players? ->

those who have played for as long as they have know that toribash is a game with a high learning curve and has an extremely specific niche (turn based ragdoll physics strategy game with infinately modifiable game modes). the game needs a real tutorial. something that will not just tell the simplest form core of the game mechanics such as clicking joints and ghost. but, real mechanics that can be illustrated and acted out to make the players better over time. the new players need to know its possible to create a grab priority in mods that will allow this tactic. how to estimate the ghost so that you won't dq in mods with higher turn frames. how to make a comeback in mods that do not have grabs to assist. the list goes on. there are so many mechanics we have learned we do as second nature and we take for granted because we have played for so many years. we have to take a step back and understand that the average person will quit before they even get into the game.

overall, there was always potential here other than being a simple cult classic. I think the team needs to develop things that matter. I think the focus needs to shift, if the goal is to gain and keep a larger player base.
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by mwah View Post
...games have to mean something...

Everything you've said is relevant but what you've said here is most relevant to me - I don't play anymore because 99% of the games that I've played in the past few years are near identical. New players/duellers use the exact same moves each game leading to no innovation or desire to do niche moves in a game that was made for it, hence boredom and no meaning. I understand every now and then that people are chillin' and brainlessly playing their game but when it comes to playing against the same players for years that continue to do the same moves, expecting new results becomes kinda redundant. You can try to discuss move sequences mid-game/openers/comeback ideas/basic movement concepts but when you realise you're just talking to brick walls you finally become aware (after a long, long, resentful time) that there's zero point in continuing on in playing the game.
lot of staff sneak dissing but i dont think the staff is what drives the game at the end of the day right?

a serious answer:

first, you have to understand that the lore from the community carries so much weight that this is the sole reason that the game still exists today. many of us played for a long time, made online friends, had laughs and made real friendships that have lasted years. that nostalgia is so real that we return to the game we have now mastered out of habit/nostalgia. the players that experience this are the current overall population of the game. currently there is not enough incentive to truly spend time and enjoy playing the game. the older players that have mastered the mechanics of the game only have dueling and which was mentioned before you need TC for. TC doesn't equate to anything inspiring in the game other than to flip for real money (since all the vets are adults now and we all enjoy pulling some quick cash on a game we have fair odds to beat most people). in order to please older players TC has to mean something, games have to mean something. I think more large scale competitive events with different win terms and development of ranking and leaderboards.

those who have played for as long as they have know that toribash is a game with a high learning curve and has an extremely specific niche (turn based ragdoll physics strategy game with infinately modifiable game modes). the game needs a real tutorial. something that will not just tell the simplest form core of the game mechanics such as clicking joints and ghost. but, real mechanics that can be illustrated and acted out to make the players better over time. the new players need to know its possible to create a grab priority in mods that will allow this tactic. how to estimate the ghost so that you won't dq in mods with higher turn frames. how to make a comeback in mods that do not have grabs to assist. the list goes on. there are so many mechanics we have learned we do as second nature and we take for granted because we have played for so many years. we have to take a step back and understand that the average person will quit before they even get into the game.

overall, there was always potential here other than being a simple cult classic. I think the team needs to develop things that matter. I think the focus needs to shift, if the goal is to gain and keep a larger player base.

is that an nft

a serious answer:

I ate the fattest bowl of cereal while reading this and almost choked and died
you're on thin ice, pal
That's all false information *grrr*
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin
Originally Posted by basic View Post
is that an nft

Originally Posted by Kozmonaut View Post
I ate the fattest bowl of cereal while reading this and almost choked and died

Originally Posted by Mist View Post
That's all false information *grrr*

YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS. ALL OF YOU.

Lets let a group of teenagers manage a game while Hampa lets the game run on auto-pilot, what could possibly go wrong ?? Its like lord of the flies