Ranking
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
I got annihilated by a Yi top 3 weeks ago =/. Was playing as Malphite... You essentially don't have a Q because a good Yi uses his Q to hit you and dodge yours.

except u do

this is the guy that's helping everyone? really?

malph vs yi = u have flask first thing, u have so much regen from that, even dorans shield would block enough damage from his autoattacks
if he has q up, dont poke him with it
you can't play 1 champ the same way in every matchup, that's not common sense

u KNOW why u lost so why arent u playing around it, u even get to slow his attack speed if he's not ulting, and if he does u get a "get out of jail free" with ur ult

can u help me drhax
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
except u do

malph vs yi = u have flask first thing, u have so much regen from that, even dorans shield would block enough damage from his autoattacks

u KNOW why u lost so why arent u playing around it, u even get to slow his attack speed if he's not ulting, and if he does u get a "get out of jail free" with ur ult

can u help me drhax

So basically what you are saying is don't use your q ever? And let a yi free-farm top lane and just sustain through it? That seems like suicide to me. Late game comes and he's going to tear through your team.
League of Legends NA: Locus
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Drhax y aren't you helping me?? http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/3...hes/1760677264 I need help with midlane

Take it to PMs Hitler, you heard the man.
Also sparchar you killed Talon easylyi simply because you counter him ^^...

But in my opinion yi top loose a bit of his power , simply because he have to get some several tank item and so , loose thing like the IE or the Last whisper. (Because if you are top you gonna probably tank.)

Aniway , fight again nasus or jax with yi , or just against everything that get a good sustain at top.
French Player, Old member of OFRO
except u do

can u help me drhax

I'm positive this is coming from an objective place and has absolutely nothing to do with who you've been duoing with.

What had happened, for those who do want to learn from this, was I was overconfident. I was a Malphite who never played the match-up before, and I assumed I would completely outpoke him from lane by starting flask, 2 health pots, 1 mana pot. In lanes where you can All-In and outpoke as Malphite, I max Q over E. This is one where I did that, and that was a big mistake. But the more important part was the summoner spells. Yi went Ignite and Exhaust, two combat summoners. I went flash teleport, both very useful, both do very very little to fight a Master Yi. Master Yi and Pantheon are tied for the highest base movement speed in the game, 355, so once Yi saw me use my E to push the wave forward a bit and last hit, he knew that was his time to simply walk up to me, in a long lane like top, and abuse the hell out of me. With whatever crazy amount of attack speed he already got from runes (let's say 30+%?), and the ability to slow me with exhaust, I died. My second mistake was deciding that Thornmail was the right call. Sunfire OR Randuins would've been better options, but the guy who I get advice from who knew the match up better was playing our bottom lane, and he told me Thorn would work best.

Once Yi got Bilgewater Cutlass on his first back, the lane was completely lost. But I figured if I farmed well my usefulness in team fights would carry more weight. The problem was I didn't play pragmatically from that point and use my noggen. I wasn't useful for my team because I itemized poorly, and against only the Yi. No early HG + Sorc Shoes combo meant my Ult wouldn't do enough, and just my bad health pool in general meant I would have to commit fully to fights I knew I'd die in. After Yi got a jungler to dive me under turret with him, the lane was not only lost but I was unable to stay in it (one he took Tier 1 turret, the lane is too long to stay in). He's too fast, he has ways to slow me, I have no way to get him off me, and he hurts too much. But I wasn't itemized to do much against anyone else either. I was useless.

I only typed that out because it's important to acknowledge your mistakes and I thought maybe the other people in here might learn something from it. I'm not going to be indulging Ryan's transparent attempts at getting under my skin, despite how many of his friends post troll requests for help. That's why, for those wondering, I've been ignoring the silliness. And I'll continue to do so. Hopefully the admin will find something better to do than spend their time on people who are just trying to help others in a game they enjoy.

All the best ;)
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Mar 20, 2015 at 06:30 PM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by chaossook View Post
So basically what you are saying is don't use your q ever? And let a yi free-farm top lane and just sustain through it? That seems like suicide to me. Late game comes and he's going to tear through your team.

ya ok cuz freefarm yi is hell!!!!!!!!!
as malphite, if they group, you're going to win a teamfight because u have the best fucking engage u could want

edit:
what does duoing even have to do with anything

don't shove if u cant survive
outfarm him since u have flash and tp or whatever makes a huge difference, because u have more lane presence
frozen heart would be ur best bet.
Last edited by TyZi; Mar 20, 2015 at 06:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

I'm trying to get under your skin? wtf I'm trying to get better at mid lane and I need an outside point of view help me understand what I can improve on, I don't know why you're jumping to conclusions that I'm not being serious. I honestly would like your opinion. Pretty rude of you to just ignore me when you're helping other people out.
ya ok cuz freefarm yi is hell!!!!!!!!!
as malphite, if they group, you're going to win a teamfight because u have the best fucking engage u could want

Freefarm yi is hell. If he gets free farm, and you can't stop him, he will tear you to shreads late game. Having a dodge on his alpha strike and a damage mitigation on his w, as well as massive amounts of true damage, he will kill a malphite late game, even if the malphite is slightly (~20 cs) ahead on farm.
Originally Posted by chaossook View Post
Freefarm yi is hell. If he gets free farm, and you can't stop him, he will tear you to shreads late game. Having a dodge on his alpha strike and a damage mitigation on his w, as well as massive amounts of true damage, he will kill a malphite late game, even if the malphite is slightly (~20 cs) ahead on farm.

Yeah but I don't pick Malphite for his ability to 1v1 champions. That lane could have been won by me, I just made nearly every mistake I could have. I got the wrong spell order, I had poor wave control, I purchased the wrong items, etc.

Yi is terrifying if left unchecked sure, but if I played Malphite right that game, I could've not died, only been down 20 CS or so, and secured objectives with nice ultimates. If their APC and ADC dies from my team acting on my ultimate, a 6 item master Yi can't turn the fight around since he's the only damage threat left.

Think this all started because people were wondering if Yi can go top right? The answer is yes- but it's cheesy. A lot of it has to do with the fact that because it's off meta the Yi player (if he mains it) will understand and have played the match up far better than his opponent. And it's circumstantial, it has to be a counterpick not a pick. If he leads with Yi Top, and then I get to pick my top champion, he's going to have a bad time.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
Yeah but I don't pick Malphite for his ability to 1v1 champions. That lane could have been won by me, I just made nearly every mistake I could have. I got the wrong spell order, I had poor wave control, I purchased the wrong items, etc.

Yi is terrifying if left unchecked sure, but if I played Malphite right that game, I could've not died, only been down 20 CS or so, and secured objectives with nice ultimates. If their APC and ADC dies from my team acting on my ultimate, a 6 item master Yi can't turn the fight around since he's the only damage threat left.

Think this all started because people were wondering if Yi can go top right? The answer is yes- but it's cheesy. A lot of it has to do with the fact that because it's off meta the Yi player (if he mains it) will understand and have played the match up far better than his opponent. And it's circumstantial, it has to be a counterpick not a pick. If he leads with Yi Top, and then I get to pick my top champion, he's going to have a bad time.

Yeah. I'm not saying that Yi offers more to a team, I'm just saying I could see how the matchup could be pretty rough. Malphite being already a bit weaker of a laner with the dueling power of Yi. I guess it just irked me that he dismissed your teaching so easily because of that situation.