Ranking
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
It must get hot as fuck in there in summer time bruh

Oh definitely. I don't plan to be doing this during summer though. I'm moving out on the 22nd of Sept. Also isn't so bad at night in the summers here. There's nightly lows in like the fucking 60s during summer. It's weird. We just moved here from Las Vegas, NV, where the nightly lows during summer are 80-90 a lot of the time. It doesn't even feel like summer here. The hottest we've gotten is 90 I think.

Winter is a lot colder here, I think. I'm not sure if that'll bother me. I'm used to it not really getting below 40 during winter lol.

I'll make update posts, when the time comes, to share with you guys.

edit: Ok just bought the gym membership. There was an offer running until tomorrow(wow just in time!) at Planet Fitness. $99 for 12 months. No bullshit annual fee or shit like they normally have. Planet Fitness is a shit Gym, I found out after research, and before paying. But it looks like they all have stall showers, and it's $99 for a year of unlimited showers. That's a pretty good deal. They also have free unlimited pizza the first Monday of every month. I'll have that to look forward to.

What I was originally going to go with was $30 a month at a much nicer gym. I guess technically this sets me back 3 months worth of that gym, so if I don't live in my car for at least 3 months, I made an unwise monetary decision. It's also closer to my work though where I'll probably mostly be parking at. A lot closer.

Ok. I'll aim for a 3 month goal of living in my car. This will make my investment somewhat worth it, and give me time to see if I really like it or not. If I like it, then I can stay until it gets hot out again. If not then I'll find a job and get a cheap studio.
Last edited by isaac; Aug 27, 2014 at 06:29 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by isaac View Post

Btw, here's pictures of my car if anyone was interested. http://imgur.com/a/fKEcr

Although you have a pretty sweet car. What are you doing for money to pay for food, drinks and also your gym membership etc... ? With you being unemployed and being able to afford such things is quite strange
Last edited by RedPanda; Aug 27, 2014 at 02:23 PM.
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Oh, plasma donations will be my main source of income. It brings in $60 a week. $240 a month. I do have a normal job though. It's just low hours and I'd rather get out sooner than later. Boss is just running it into the ground and blaming everyone except for himself. I'll probably get more from that than plasma, tbh. These last 2 months, I got about 500 per month from that job. That's not the norm though.

And 240 covers all expenses easy. $111 for car insurance, $25 for credit card payment, and I already paid the gym membership in advance. So I have $104 to spend on food, water, gas, and other supplies per month.

I also have some E-Cigs I could sell still if I had to. Amazon Mturk, freebie trading, I think my account on ChaCha is still active if I ever got real desperate, etc.

Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
I'm not sure what the cost of living (out of your car) is like over there but $104 a month split across food and water alone seems very hopeful to me, with gas & other misc stuff to worry about I wonder whether or not you're actually prepared to live the way you want to.

So as to not make a new reply to every post, I'll reply in this post.

That's just my guaranteed plasma donation income. I'm also eligible to do the anthrax program my next donation. That'll give me a headstart by a few hundred more dollars. I also still have my part time job as an arcade technician and other general things. My last check was $205, and I have a check on Monday coming for probably $80-100. And I'll have more work in the coming weeks, and when I move out. Sorry for the confusion. I'm not as broke as I'm implying in my other posts. Just not enough to move to a studio right now. One place I emailed that had a studio for $350 a month said that without 2 years of a renter history, I'll have to have a credit score above 650, and make 3x the price of rent, and also put like 3 months of rent down or some shit.

The UPS interview today went well this time. They actually told me when to expect a call back for the 2nd interview, and when I'd probably be starting. They said a week or 2. And I tried to seem a lot more enthusiastic this time. It was different people too. They said they were going through a bunch of changes, and that's probably why I didn't get a call back the first time.

So assuming I get the job, I'll have an income of $720 guaranteed, on top of side work I do for my current job. Which isn't really a job btw, I'm an independent contractor there. So that's why it's awkward saying it's my part time job, because I'm not an employee there. I'm going to look into financial aid. If I can go to college for free, then I'll do it.
Last edited by isaac; Aug 27, 2014 at 06:22 PM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
So I have $104 to spend on food, water, gas, and other supplies per month.

I'm not sure what the cost of living (out of your car) is like over there but $104 a month split across food and water alone seems very hopeful to me, with gas & other misc stuff to worry about I wonder whether or not you're actually prepared to live the way you want to.
collect snots from the nose
I make more than 104$ working at mcdonald's after school. I am not telling you how to live your life or anything, but you are basically telling us all you want to voluntarily be a bum instead of living with your parents.
Originally Posted by Datsick View Post
I make more than 104$ working at mcdonald's after school. I am not telling you how to live your life or anything, but you are basically telling us all you want to voluntarily be a bum instead of living with your parents.

I don't understand your point. $104 is just the money I'll have leftover from my guaranteed plasma income, after paying bills. I'm averaging around 500 a month with lots of variation. July to August I apparently had $1300 in deposits. Every other month varies between 200-500 though.

I imagine you're getting maybe 20 hours a week, minimum wage. So around $700 a month. That's not enough to live on. The cheapest rent I found out here was $350 for a small studio. They wanted me to make 3x that and have 650 credit. Sure, I can get a full time job at one of the fast food places that actually gives you full time hours, instead of worrying that you might get overtime, but now I'm spending over half of my freetime working, so that I can live in a shitty studio, eat shitty food, and one medical problem, accident, fuck-up, and I'm fucked. That isn't for me.

It's just easier to live in my car, and not have to worry about that shit.

And also, I'm moving out because that's what my mom wants. Otherwise I'd have kept on here trying to find a decentish job, start a business, and other things so I can move out by time I'm 21(the real adult age in 'murrica). But she's complaining about me not paying rent and still living here, and how she moved out right when she turned 18 and got a full time job.

I'm 19 right now, so it's time to move out. I don't see living in my car as being a bum. I have a job, and I have money. I'm just living frugally.

I'm not the only one doing this, more and more people are doing it for various reasons. http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/ . I'm doing it because I value free-time over having a residence.

Edit: btw guys I appreciate every response, I just validate/defend my life choices when the opportunity arises. This discussion is good, and it's made me think about a few things.
Last edited by isaac; Aug 28, 2014 at 11:05 PM.
DesertPunk

Please click this
I too value freetime, but working full time earning 800 something every 2 weeks with about 8-9 days off. I must say I lost motivation in drawing, playing guitar, singing.
, working out and Now I just go home wait until it's 9 or 10 pm sleep and repeat until Friday sat and sun.

Don't let your job become your life.
800 dollars or pounds? either way that's a badass wage to be earning and you have 3 days off 0.0 damn I don't earn that crap with 50+ hours a week with only 1-2 days off and I earn just under £700 a month
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
I too value freetime, but working full time earning 800 something every 2 weeks with about 8-9 days off. I must say I lost motivation in drawing, playing guitar, singing.
, working out and Now I just go home wait until it's 9 or 10 pm sleep and repeat until Friday sat and sun.

Don't let your job become your life.

This is what I don't want. I'll grow depressed if I have to work for an indefinite period of time. I think I might have ADD-PI though affecting my motivation. As soon as I have money or insurance I'll see if going to a doctor and getting diagnosed/treated will help with motivation and overall life satisfaction.

Originally Posted by jmoran98 View Post
800 dollars or pounds? either way that's a badass wage to be earning and you have 3 days off 0.0 damn I don't earn that crap with 50+ hours a week with only 1-2 days off and I earn just under £700 a month

USD. I usually get somewhere above 10 hours a week, $10 USD per hour. Untaxed ;). But I don't make enough to even have to report my earnings so w/e . Then I get an extra $240 a month from selling my blood plasma.

What's minimum wage where you live? If I had to work 50 hours a week, I'd make $~2000 a month. Do you also not get overtime in your country?

And I'm going to use this experience to pay off my debts hopefully. I won't have a place to put things I buy, or many other luxuries, so I'll put all my money toward debt. Right now my credit card is just under $750, the only reason it isn't more I suspect is because that's all the limit they gave me, thankfully. I'm going to pay that off, then I'll work on paying my mom the money I owe her. Then I'll save up, and go on a road trip.
DesertPunk

Please click this
I think I might have ADD-PI though affecting my motivation. As soon as I have money or insurance I'll see if going to a doctor and getting diagnosed/treated will help with motivation and overall life satisfaction.

Edit: I realize now that I did not know quite what I was talking about. So I apologize for that. But still, it costs a lot of money for pills and the such. Might I suggest a counselor possibly?
Last edited by Kyure; Aug 29, 2014 at 06:27 AM.