Toribash
Original Post
Everything is gone
Okay so heres a story, my av software expired and my computer got infected with some viruses, my grandfather decided to take my computer without my knowing about it to some tech shop to get it fixed, they wiped it all away, all my pictures, apps, everything is gone. I use windows 10 is there anyway to get it back with my Microsoft acc or something?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
I don't think so. If they wiped the hard drive, it's gone forever.
"wifi pimp, modems hanging from my wrists,
passwords on my blunts, gotta login to hit it"
If you were logged in in W10 then when you log in again it will sync your settings and apps.

If you were using OneDrive then that stuff will sync too. If you were using dropbox then of course that will sync. If you were using Chrome then that will sync too. If you were using Steam then that will sync.

As for anything you stored in non-backed up locations, you can download a file recovery program and you might have some luck, but otherwise, shoulda backed up if it was important...
yeah, gnil is right. unless u backed up files your system only backs up essential operating system files
No one told me they were gonna do it, he did it when I was at school :/

and I'm pretty sure the tech guy didn't back it up :c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
what a pain eh.

I'd recommend to start using dropbox, onedrive, buy a server (eg cloudatcost), or something similar so you don't lose shit again.
Try a file recovery program.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
is there a windows.old folder on your C: drive? if there isn't its most likely gone. Tech support guys doesn't care to scan for viruses and removing them they just wipe everything by reinstalling windows. File backup is something you normally have to pay extra for.
Last edited by Ezeth; Apr 30, 2016 at 06:32 PM.
to avoid this issue you should try and fix stuff yourself

as stated multiple times, only if you made a backup
I wasn't aware that he was going to get it wiped.
he never even told me he was taking it to get fixed, I was just to about to install some av software when I got home from school >.>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message: