ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Question
(Know some of this is wibbles, some of it forums in general.)

So I see how strict and serious this was answered.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...31#post9211131

But is it really being practiced?

Speculations:
I see a lot of people saying niqqa in wibbles, and possibly other variations,
I see people basically shitting on Mexico with the wall jokes, (possibly not racial but there is racial hate behind it, or encouraging it)
I have seen brazil being shit on before. (same as encouraged racial hate)

But I see it all taken as a joke, yet Flame basically talked about it being used as how it's mainly used these days (in my opinion better than deliberately making a joke out of it).

I'm in no way for it, I do see it as funny at times, but what bugs me is rules being made yet rarely practiced.

Even suom kinda said so as far as I can see. (for wibbles)

Thingy

Source :http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=574580 second page
|Evil|
I don't exist
I see a lot of lineancy in game when people do it, like well known players do it and if there is a staff member in there they just look the other way, if slurs are bannable then the staff needs to start taking action #Tempest4HelpSquad.
oh is this where i put my signature?
It's the same in every community, game, society, etc. You can't control everything to 100% or people will simply leave.

Words like ni**a are blatant racial slurs so it's easier to control such situations. The rest, for example wall jokes, niqqa, etc. are more up to interpretation whether it's racist or not.

So yes, it is being practised, much more than in other gaming communities at that.
So I guess we can say niqqa instead of nigga now?

It's like saying chinc for chink, or spik for spic

It's just a cop-out.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Well there is a big distinction between saying it in comedic effect on a forum dedicated for humour (a.k.a. wibbles) and saying "u stupid niqqer" to someone. Level of enforcement for such rule usually comes down to context. And that's not to say that someone who makes racist jokes all the time wouldn't eventually get banned.

Either way, the point is: don't expect Toribash to be a communist community, the level of enforcement at the moment is just fine, everyone who is genuinely racist do get banned.
But that's like saying nigga doesn't mean nigger, sure many say it doesn't but it's like saying hi doesn't mean hello, so how can niqqa not mean nigga in the way you explained it.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Are you just making this thread so that you can say racial slurs and not get banned?
We don't ban someone for posting the word in wibbles, often times we just snip the word. Like Smaguris said, if you're just trying to be an edgelord and spew racism then yeah, you'll get banned.

No, we're not going to allow it, because we discourage the use of slurs.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

No I'm not using this post to cop-out on using slurs, want me to instead use *** or quotation marks or hide behind the saying "the n word"?

Are you just too lazy to enforce a rule?

I also don't like when people use slurs, I just don't find reason to hide behind a word.

I just see how strict they make it seem yet no one does anything about it, so what's the point of bringing up the rule if it's not being practiced.
|Evil|
I don't exist
You think it's funny, but you don't like when people use slurs?

The answer is there, in it's simplest form. Banning someone for saying "nigga" in a non-racist context is silly, but we snip it in wibbles, a board for relaxed rules and more freedom, because the word itself is still a racial slur.

How many other people need to tell you?
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

There's a difference between gathering facts and just assuming,

And this is no personal matter, it's simply the Forums that creates a rule and don't follow through.

Not sure what you think is going on, I'm in no way finding any of this funny or being ignorant I do see the reasons I've been given, instead of getting riled up just be straight forward.

I mean you can just do the usual tactic and shut me up and close this thread cause you don't know what else to say, but I'm curious about it all.
|Evil|
I don't exist