ES Recruitment Drive
is it possible to make obj files importable in game via luascript command? Not attached to joints. Just as envinroment.
Leon The Black
ould like a script that changes the hit detection color(the red damage indicator color), if possible.
Maybe a script that helps you with artilery skeets? like, it indicates where the bodypart will land if you release it from grab. Either that or just make the ghost eternal (possibly with a speed up option).
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
The eternal ghost thing isn't possible but showing the bodypart trajectory should be possible. I don't have time right now but I probably could do it in a few days.
Signature temporarily out of order.
Sweet, looking forward to it.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
Rogue-like Tourney
ok.. lets try to explain this.

when you play in tourneys (or any room actually) there can be a lot of waiting..
and when you finally get to play, it can get a little.. repetitive? especially if playing against "those" people that just spam their most likely to win move/style. :P I imagine mod rotation was put into play in part to try and remedy that, you know to make it more pure skill-based instead of memory-based.

but what if the mods and settings were actually procedural? (within bounds of course) that might make it more fun and refreshing for some casual fun tourneys : )
but wait, what if they were contextual?

what if, while you were waiting in the queue, you were taking turns moving around in a map filled with different terrain, a little square or hexagonal grid of some sorts with hills n lakes n maybe even buildings.

each turn everyone in line moves a square or two and when they meet each other, the terrain they were on, their orientations, are used to generate a personalized mod for their fight, which is then queued up in the tourney.
the winner lives on to move about the world, loser gets specced.

I was thinking the map could take up the whole window and then the current fight that's going on be a little mini-map style window (it might have to be the opposite though)

this should make it so that it's fun waiting in the queue, and also make it so that fights are more interesting, refreshing, and more skill based, since a deep understanding of toribash's physics are required and there is literally no memorization of the mod or openers that could help you.
that's what you guys care about right? i mean for me, i just think it'd be a fun thing to do :P

i think that about explains it..
idk, i thought it'd be interesting and fun to code and play in.
I'll be pretty busy and i haven't really coded anything in lua but i'd like to try and make something to this effect : )

I'm not even sure if something like this is possible, but hey you guys are smart. I'm sure we can find some sort of hacky solution to this if we're interested enough.

there are tons of possibilities as to what could be added.
proposed ideas so far:

some ideas bro

discussing problems and solutions so far:

some problems/solutions/workarounds - the fun stuff

edit: clarification - I'm not asking the devs to make this, nor am i saying this should be used in public tourneys. this is meant for fun times where a group of people get the lua and run it in their own tourneys. I'm also not saying this will be a short coding project cause man is that not true. :P
bottom line - I wanna program something like this, it will take a long time of on and off coding, I would love it if people thought this was interesting enough to join me in coding it or something similar.
-loves n kisses-
Last edited by irdumb; Sep 16, 2015 at 02:23 AM. Reason: i put a 'd' at the end of personalize'd' does there have to be a reason? :P
Is it possible to make a shader-maker kind of script?

Just a simple GUI with sliders or a number input to control each variable (Like in the flame forge), and real time changing of the shader
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Originally Posted by DatSkip View Post
Is it possible to make a shader-maker kind of script?

Just a simple GUI with sliders or a number input to control each variable (Like in the flame forge), and real time changing of the shader

They Have This, http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=24135
How about a sparring script? The script should have multiple preset spars from other people. The script should probably contain GOOD sparrers like Swexx, Largekilla, Dezrai (:3), etc... When you found the "person" you want to spar with just click on it and wallah. Of course you would have to follow the bots movements instead of it following yours.