ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Get rid of the hall of shame

original convo

Main points are all there id like to see if anyone thinks its a good or bad idea
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
While the Hall of Shame is the worst part of the TB community, it can also be a warning of what not to do for other people. It also serves as a good place to read stupid stuff. Sometimes a little criticism is a good motivator to not act out in public. It's the person's own fault for posting something stupid enough to be added to a ridicule board.

I do agree however that certain people do take advantage of the Hall of Shame to get more attention brought upon themselves but the majority of people here I think would like to keep their threads out of that board.

I don't support this idea whatsoever. It's like asking to remove something that's a unique part of Toribash history.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by Twilight View Post
it can also be a warning of what not to do for other people. It also serves as a good place to read stupid stuff. Sometimes a little criticism is a good motivator to not act out in public. It's the person's own fault for posting something stupid enough to be added to a ridicule board.

Basically this. There was a time quite recently where honest mistakes from new users were getting shamed - that is unacceptable, but HOTS is fine right now.
Most things that end up in HoS comes from users that are completely aware that they are being stupid. It serves as a middle-ground between perpetuating high-effort joke threads and publicly shaming them for being against the rules. At least that's how I see it.
The fact that people use old posts as leverage against users is a bit sad.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I'm actually on board with this. The hall of shame is currently is just a place for people to try to get attention by having their threads be put in their. Look at the threads the past recent months, it's all just people that knew what the rules where, but wanted their post in the hall of shame so they shit posted. Then their's the fact that pimp brought of that users will never be able to live downtime past mistakes they made. If not remove it, how about letting users request for a thread they have in the hall of shame to be deleted after a certain period of time?
You opened the SpaghettiO's, now you gotta sniff them.
Originally Posted by Tourneymun View Post
I'm actually on board with this. The hall of shame is currently is just a place for people to try to get attention by having their threads be put in their. Look at the threads the past recent months, it's all just people that knew what the rules where, but wanted their post in the hall of shame so they shit posted. Then their's the fact that pimp brought of that users will never be able to live downtime past mistakes they made. If not remove it, how about letting users request for a thread they have in the hall of shame to be deleted after a certain period of time?

In that case there's really no need to have a time limit on it. Just make the user able to delete his own threads in hall of shame whenever. People who make joke threads probably want their thread in HoS anyway.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Chances are, anything you see in the HoS wasn't an accident. It's users deliberately acting ridiculous. I'd rather have my stupidity publicly shown than having infractions or bans given out to me, not sure about you.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Tourneymun View Post
how about letting users request for a thread they have in the hall of shame to be deleted after a certain period of time?

This still doesn't full slove the problem only a part of it i think that the toribash community has come a long way from shat it used and rules are being put into place to make it more friendly and to attract more users and in the wake of these changes the Hall of Shame does doesn't fit
-----
It's like asking to remove something that's a unique part of Toribash history

It's is part of our history but toribash has alot better history that it should be showing off than the hall of shame really good discussion threads aren't even shown off or glorified but the shit cancer ones are? People like fish and stellar also part of our history should we give them anti legend threads so people can remember them?
-----
While the Hall of Shame is the worst part of the TB community, it can also be a warning of what not to do for other people. It also serves as a good place to read stupid stuff. Sometimes a little criticism is a good motivator to not act out in public. It's the person's own fault for posting something stupid enough to be added to a ridicule .

Have you seen the Hall of Shame thread it's not organized enough for people to use it as a warning the legit threads where people were making a mistake aren't sticky or anything no one's going to look in the Hall of Shame to see if this thread that they're posting follows the rules
Yes while it is entertaining to read it still is a turn off when you're trying to get into the community it just plainly doesn't look good
most people who post in the Hall of Shame thread and want to be ridiculed and they want attention the reason you don't make ship post is so you don't get in fractions and in turn possibly banned if the negative punishment is just getting a thread in the Hall of Shame everybody would shit post
Last edited by Pimp; Feb 13, 2016 at 08:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Yes while it is entertaining to read it still is a turn off when you're trying to get into the community it just plainly doesn't look good

I'm just going to go out on a limb here. If it looks good or not, other huge communities do this as well. I have seen little negative effect from the board on the way things are now.

It's is part of our history but toribash has alot better history that it should be showing off than the hall of shame really good discussion threads aren't even shown off or glorified but the shit cancer ones are? People like fish and stellar also part of our history should we give them anti legend threads so people can remember them?

Productive threads belong where they are productive. Oh and for the record, there is a reason we do in fact utilize a legend board and not an infamous one.(at least im 99% sure) You can't compare that to a thread.

If you don't like the humor, don't. It's not like you're being forced to look at it. >.> Can you come up with a reason why you don't like it other than "it makes toribash look bad"? I'm having a hard time coming up with a decent thought. I mean, It can't really give too much incentive for bad threads due to the fact bans exist. Unless you were the not-so-bright one who got a thread in the HoS, there is no impact on you.

I enjoy the board and actively read what goes on in it. I don't wrap my head around the morals.
Last edited by Link; Feb 13, 2016 at 09:23 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I really enjoy the HOS because it's usually used for a tiny bit of new user threads mixed together with joke threads.

And can I ask when people have lurked the HOS, found a thread from a new user, found them with the /sa command and harassed them over this? Unless it was you, I'm not 100% sure what your motivation against the HOS is.
And either way, I'll take a HOS thread over infracs and bans any day.
Hey, if you want, you can request that the staff give you infractions whenever you have a thread worthy of being part of the hall.