Toribash
hehehe, I had a similar idea for a "fast paced spar mod" playable for tournament ! (but it was 5/10/20 points, and if you reached like 50 points or a massive head hit you had to act K.O )

The tricky part is it requires referees or a jury or something to judge the fight; but The idea is pretty cool and I'd like to see it applied ^^

Or maybe (I'm not sure that's possible yet, but before I took my break I heard they would make it possible to mod damage localisation on the tori and such, with different triggers etc...) we could brainstorm an official TW mod for tournaments ?

So yeah, classic tournament or Carey's idea ; I don't mind, I just wanna have a cool wushu event ;3
The idea isnt bad but what does it have to do with wushu?

Sounds like a regular replay competition to me where you need to look realistic.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

That's the thing, it has to be done in wushu ;P realistic isn't the aim, direct hits are. I would love to see this replay comp theory applied to wushu for once, and the matches would be live with reaction time just posted for judgment.
Well you and powas are calling the shots here in the org. Make stuff happen, make some changes, vive la revolucion! etc.. but yeah, if you want to see it happen, here's your chance.
But why's the rum gone? :v
Update: nearly finished, posting as soon as I get some feedback/approval from the council
Nice idea, but a kick to the legs (thigh) should also give points...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH8jazIETBs no pain you say?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
It's all relative. Fracs and dms to the arms/legs will still give points, but only for the value of the frac or dm. I.E. 2 or 3 points, the same as a full on nut shot gives. Relative to a rib shot, a shin kick is not very painful. it's meant to wear the opponent down over the course of a fight, like muay thai fighters do, not cause massive instant pain. Considering our belt level equivalents in real life, our toris should be able to take some leg shots without it hurting them too much at all.
Last edited by rcarey; Feb 25, 2013 at 05:56 PM.