ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Horse stance
hey guys can someone show me how to do horse stances I recommend ingame
all systems go, sun hasn't died. Deep in my soul, straight from inside. if it's destined. It doesn't automatically happen, do it.
Your talking about spar? Spread legs and bend knees slightly, not at maximum
Nothing here, move along.
1. play toribash
2. dont horse stance its boring and the worst thing ive ever seen
you dont even get any momentum from it unless your glutes are fully extended

good job
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Tyzi View Post
1. play toribash
2. dont horse stance its boring and the worst thing ive ever seen
you dont even get any momentum from it unless your glutes are fully extended

good job

If you fully extend your glutes, you can't do a correct horse stance and I can understand you are sticked on the ground without any momentum. You should ask Largekilla, Swexxelite and Obazu how can they have momentum with a bad stance like that ;)

Anyway, you don't answer at his question, you only give your opinion.

To do a good horse stance, your knees have to be a bit contracted and your glutes a bit extended. You don't need to keep a stance, you can just do it like a transition between two other moves. The horse stance is just a way to keep on feet.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
If you fully extend your glutes, you can't do a correct horse stance and I can understand you are sticked on the ground without any momentum. You should ask Largekilla, Swexxelite and Obazu how can they have momentum with a bad stance like that ;)

Anyway, you don't answer at his question, you only give your opinion.

To do a good horse stance, your knees have to be a bit contracted and your glutes a bit extended. You don't need to keep a stance, you can just do it like a transition between two other moves. The horse stance is just a way to keep on feet.

I agree with Tyzi... It's useless to be honest.

You can generate much more momentum in other ways, the horse stance or whatever you call that bloody thing just causes the player to pretty much get stuck in an awful position where all they tend to do is punch.

I personally would say when sparring to simply experiment and see what flows best without causing other problems, as being too technical makes everything look the same.
Last edited by notnoob; Aug 17, 2013 at 02:07 PM.
Sold my dog to join RRO
I agree with the fact you can generate much momentum in other ways, I agree too most of sparrers can't do a horse stance without losing momentum and being sticked.

BUT !

He ask how to do a horse stance, not your opinion on it.

Well, it's best off doing that than causing a player to lead into doing something which is way overused now, looks god awful in the first place and tends to prevent a player from developing a unique style when it comes to sparring.

Leave technicality out of spars (especially when it leads to bad positioning) when it comes to most things, unless you're going specifically for a technical spar.
Sold my dog to join RRO
Because your opinion is yours. What could you say to good sparrers that mastery this stance and they say this position is a key in the realism in Toribash ? What could you say to them when they perform kicks, jumps, running, etc. from this stance ?

I know most of people talk about horse stance since the tutorial I made. I would like to remind you that I used very little this position before sparrers better than I am talking about.

I practiced thailandese boxing during some years. If you do a low kick with your tibia on someone else tibia, you will just own yourself and you could say to your friends "Low kicks suck, it is just the best way to own yourself". But after some times, you hardeneg your leg and can perform correctly a low kick and own your opponent.

I talk about that.

You talk about "how most toribashers use it", I think its better to talk about the mastered version.

I noticed too some sparrers that have the same opinion as you about the horse stance do it. And most of them are too bad faith to recognize it.

I think in your opinion a horse stance = something sticked, kepts at least 30 frames. I still say no. Both feet on the ground with glutes a bit extended and knees slightly bends : horse stance. Its like that its called. It is very easy to do this stance without wanted it, just because its like that you land from a jump or stand back from a kick, then you use your feet that just landed on the ground to give an impulsion. Yes, you didn't wanted to do a horse stance, but its done.

There are a lot of ways to do it, saying the horse stance stick all spars looking the same, is the same that saying stop punchs, they are all the same.

Anyway, you seems still can't understand giving his opinion is different than answer to a question.
Last edited by Mocucha; Aug 17, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

People don't seem to understand that this is a game not an exact clone of real life, you're best off actually focusing on style rather than realism.

I really hate to pull this as I feel like an asshole, but as it seems like the only way to give my opinion some form of value to you...

Alright, you're acting heavily pretentious (You're attempting to tell people how to spar using "advanced" techniques, when you are not able to grasp advanced techniques yourself) , and there are many different ways to punch, but a stance completely causes restricts your movement.

The fact you don't go out of your own comfort zone when it comes to spars and other things is basically causing you not to improve, I would recommend this to you more than anyone else, as you're affecting newer members of the community... Experiment. Seriously... If you keep experimenting and playing around with things, you won't be using this shit of a horse stance and you may actually start improving yourself rather than ramming it into other people.

Most sparrers aren't in "bad faith to recognize it", they've just moved on from something which is horrible.

Be open to other styles, as you can learn so much more, and you could actually benefit the newer community by learning yourself and helping them develop a more unique style rather than some specific technique which doesn't apply to every situation.

I am guessing you'll act offended to this, and I'm not intending to offend you, I'm just saying the truth and getting my message in the only way I see fit

Oh, and I forgot about the opinion thing, I hate to say this as it also makes me feel like a dick, but I can safely say that I'm much more experienced than you when it comes to spars/replay making, so you attempting to tell me concepts of this game isn't actually the best idea, considering what I said before (You have trouble grasping concepts in spars yourself).
Last edited by notnoob; Aug 17, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Sold my dog to join RRO
You are wrong on me. Find at least one person that seen me saying something like I am good at sparring or something like my advices are advanced. You are saying anything about me.
By the way, I find you heavily pretentious about myself. Opinions, opinions.

You describe me like a big asshole which only takes into account its own opinion and you are wrong.

I say it again, because it seems you don't get it : Tips involved in the video are NOT coming from me.

Be open ? Again, go ask people that already have asked tips from me, see if I say them "go make a horse stance". No, you are wrong.

My words are : Find your own style, your own way, try everything what you can, fix you limits to understand, break limites to understand.

You don't offend me since you say your truth and it don't fit with the reality.

I was talking about our both opinions to compare them, you talk about myself. I think you just had to empty your bag. Again, you confused mind.

Edit : Just go in multiplayer replays, go watch the last replay posted by Largekilla : BOA vs yellow guy. Just count how many horse stances they do each others. More than 10 each, in a single spar.
Last edited by Mocucha; Aug 17, 2013 at 08:48 PM.