Toribash
Original Post
Ask the devs, admins, ninjas - Blam
A few days ago, I made this post: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=201234

This is the interview with Blam

1. How many five year olds could you take in a fight?
I can only fit 10 in my van (dohoho) but seriously about 6 at a time.

2. How did you get into Toribash?
Some demo CD in a magazine I bought a while back had it on. Me and my mate stayed up all night just messing about with it.
We were shit but hey it was fun, ofc this was in the days of the demo where non paying users had to stick to demo servers with like 30 people on one server.

3. Will you admins/devs/ninjas ever create textured ground, trees, blocks, etc?
I could only see it working with built in textures (or texture packs downloadable separately), so mods don't become ridiculously big. Would be a pretty cool idea imo, wouldn't mind seeing it implemented.

If only for videos.

4. What do you think about the way the community is being administrated? Not talking about the admins, but how people are hired, fired and made do their job. And what do you think about the people/processes behind these decisions and/or actions?
In terms of giving and taking away power I think the system we have (or atleast had when I was admin) is pretty straight forward. You apply, if whoever you apply to thinks you are worthy you get a poll, if enough people like you/your application there will always be bias but well if you're disliked by the admins it's your own fault really

Not really a better way to do it.

5. Do you like KiTFoX?
I hate all gingers.

6. How do you shoot web?
Mad skills.

7. As a Ninja/Admin, do you feel that the person taking your position when you leave can fill your boots?
Well, I think Blaknwyte was promoted after I quit (not sure though, i might just have ignored him). Either way haven't seen him do much, so yes he filled my boots perfectly.

8. Who would win in a fight - hampa or veb?
Hampa, he's Scandinavian (and built like Vinnie Jones)

9. What will happen once the TC cap is reached?
The Ukecredit, worth 10 million TC.

10. How old is RedDevil?

11. How did you become an admin/ninja/dev?
I was a promoteam member for a day (me and gman had a "special" relationship). My potential as an internet badass was then realised a day later by veb as I was then promoted to smod; I did my duties and was generally awesome when suddenly the alpha team was created and I was a member. Literally had no idea until I logged on and saw a lot of people had admin status, then I noticed I had it and fist pumped.

12. Why hasn't KiTFoX cured cancer, AIDS, Global Warming, Global Hunger, Global Conflict, and everything else wrong with the world yet?
Gingers don't have souls.

13. Why exactly do you want to moderate these forums? Do you enjoy getting probably thousands of reports a day, half of which probably is just one person mad at another?
Boredom, fame, power, money. It was a pretty fun experience, plus I can put down on my UCAS that I administrated a 750k member on-line indie game community for a year (instead of doing something productive with my life), Cambridge here I come.

14. Do you ever get thanked for what you do for the community?
Not nearly enough.

15. Do any of the admins/smods disagree with the way some things are handled? do you voice your opinion if/when this happens?
A group of people are bound to disagree at points. Sometimes dramatically (lol KiTFoX & Novitech), but then if shit gets too out of hand, due to smods/admins generally having strong opinions and a huge epeen, someone with more authority will come in and strike down with great vengeance and shit gets sorted out. For non dramatic disagreements we usually debate (with a few penis jokes here and there) until someone changes their mind.
Disagreeing with veb however ends up in veb winning.
I has a flavour
I sure hope blam was kidding about the "i hate all gingers' part.

:|

edit: double ninja'd
Originally Posted by Chac View Post
Blam is a fucking hypocrite, he's so ginger I could post him on the god damn shore and use him as a lighthouse

Originally Posted by Bio View Post

Chac's post should enlighten you.
:D
Originally Posted by Chac View Post
Blam is a fucking hypocrite, he's so ginger I could post him on the god damn shore and use him as a lighthouse

Originally Posted by Bio View Post

Nope, he hates himself the most.
I has a flavour
Blam are joke.

Chac, I fucking lol'd all over myself.

I'm really enjoying these interviews.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
My answers are 100% serious.

This shouldnt have been the first post.

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!