Toribash
Decided to continue the manip instead of doing the first boom hit. How does this look so far, better or worse?
Attached Files
mossrose2wip3.rpl (763.8 KB, 18 views)
"It doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful"
My replay thread
pretty cool, i certainly think this is a much better direction for the replay, the original version looked like a lenshu replay at times with the way that you would just launch at uke and kick something without much refinement or reason. the arms during the opener show some twitching and I can't lie but the whole grab switching section just looks like it was an excuse to do something else because the manip was too difficult to continue there. the thing you do at around 960 to get the lift is a cool idea but I feel it could be refined to be cleaner as it looks like you really struggled with lifting the weight of uke, the arm movement once again shows ups and downs in quality until the end of the wip where you find your flow again

you show really strong glimpses of nice movement between sections of either not moving or general indecisiveness I think if you could maintain that flow throughout the entire replay you could make some really spectacular replays
-----
also hey that parkour replay was looking pretty cool, at around 4240 you could probably do a little more to make it look less stiff but overall I think the replay is looking pretty cool
Last edited by tabby; Aug 10, 2023 at 01:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
the regrab section is GOOFY as fuck but i love it

entirely cool replay with som iffyness here and there, get that manip properly going and it's a banger of a replay again
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.
Made 2 versions, one long and one short. Dunno which one is better.

Also continued an old parkour replay. Maybe I'll make it to the top some day.
Attached Files
Instep - Manip - Mossrose 3.rpl (1.60 MB, 13 views)
Last edited by Instep; Aug 17, 2023 at 03:39 AM.
My replay thread
it's difficult to choose due to them both having pros and cons, but I think I like the third one more

the second one I feel continues the replay a little better, but movement becomes messy when you initially encounter uke again. first knee dm looks like you were going for an ankle dm and gave up after 5 mins. the overall overuse of grabs looks less like a stylistic choice and more like a lack of confidence in your ability to effectively keep uke afloat (as not much is done with the grabs that couldn't have been done without them) and the cop-out grab at 80 frames I feel ruins that particular section of the replay because being able to flow into an explosive kick on demand would be much more satisfying tho the dms are decent, but with a grab higher up on the chest joint you very likely could have gotten that and one of the hips in the same kick as a bonus

the third replay I think you struggle a bit more with continuing from the place where you edited and the first glute-hip kick is very whatever but the idea of kneeing the hip dm and kicking the knee is so creatively interesting and I quite like that hit, you also catch the torso piece pretty well (butchered your lumbar and there is some twitching tho), grab dm for the glute is lame not worth it and imo I would have much rathered you kept it intact because it was basically free anyway with the kick you got afterwards, and it dismembering there would have made the final strike that much more explosive looking (but it was still pretty cool) and on the topic of the final hit I really like how you went about repositioning your grab to a more ideal location, lots of people forget to do this and wonder why they get a right shoulder and left pec dm from a 5 dm setup, I also like how you counterrotated your entire body to make the hit that much more explosive but the pose leaves something to be desired

the parkour replay crashes whenever I open it because I guess they wanted to make DoubleIt a real feature in this game in the form of it being a coinflip whether the replay opens or not so I can't say anything on it
Originally Posted by Instep View Post
Made 2 versions, one long and one short. Dunno which one is better.

Also continued an old parkour replay. Maybe I'll make it to the top some day.

Games played: not even 1K
me: for sure good replaymaker.

Just passing by to say I watched that manip yesterday and I am still laughing at the... how to say it... GRABUNGRABUNGRABGRABGRAB thing, not because it was bad but because imo it was absolutely entertaining and had me smiling. The rest is fabulous aswell, you made it look easy to perform such smooth booms.
Factory. Sometimes sleeping.
Something I made for the ROTM and also a GETA challenge.
Attached Files
Instep - Event - Decap.rpl (673.4 KB, 8 views)
geta_challenge.tbm (20.4 KB, 3 views)
My replay thread
very cool take on the decap theme using headpass. havent seen one of those replays in so long