Toribash
so yeah. fake... unfortunately...

but I do believe in miracles. Just not this one.
[T3AL][Fish][o7]
My name's Mr. Cupcake.
@Odlov: But that only proves that he's exaggerating his claims. Going 10 days without water is still a technically impossible feat, yet he did it. If this was completely fake, he would've died on day 3, right?
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
@Odlov: But that only proves that he's exaggerating his claims. Going 10 days without water is still a technically impossible feat, yet he did it. If this was completely fake, he would've died on day 3, right?

Two possibilities:

1. The reported facts are false (very likely).
2. He can indeed live 10 days without sustenance.

But even if he pushes the limit of how long a man can last, the fact that he started rapidly losing weight means that his claims about 70 years are false. Human cells die every day, and in order to self-replicate they need a lot of material...which, alas, can't be found floating in air. They also need water.
The clinic officials refused to let an independent, western skeptic official to monitor the room.

A lot of this sorts of stories come from India. From Sathya Sai Baba, to Hira Ratan Manek...all frauds. There is still a huge market in India for "magic people".

Here is a good bit on him and other alleged inedians
Last edited by Odlov; May 29, 2010 at 02:39 AM.
it is true
i also live in india

and in india,many these type of wonders happens
I never thought it would be possible to survive 70 years without eating anything- even if you use up zero energy and just sit in one place, the body needs energy for cell replication, as you stated. Still, 10 days is in of itself pretty impressive.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
I never thought it would be possible to survive 70 years without eating anything- even if you use up zero energy and just sit in one place, the body needs energy for cell replication, as you stated. Still, 10 days is in of itself pretty impressive.

you people are thinking this topic taking science with urselves
but...
think if you believe in god...
that man said that when he was 8 years of age an indian spiritual god came in his dream and told him to take ''sanyaas'' that means leave home and live in forests for whole life
then then when he followed that order he don't even need to drink or take meal so means no toilet
idk how but it is true
It is fake the human body can not live with out nutrience or water eating air does nothing because everybody breathes in air and sometimes swallow it. If you do it does not full you up or decrease your thirst. With out nutrience bones would become weak and sooner or later the heart would fail.
It would be illogical to deny that there are supernatural happenings that occur that cannot be explained with logic or science that man has currently acheived, I like to beleive that there are people in the world with the ability to do this as a result of these happenings, he claims he gets his energy source from the power of the universe or something like that, I wouldn't go as far as to call it hoax, it just all seems a little unbeleivable to me.

But I will not deny the very real possibility that this guy really hasn't eaten any form of human food for 70 years.

EDIT:

Also, stop going on about how he couldn't survive without nutrients, if i read the news article straight, he says he gets his nutrients and stuff from another spirit. It is nearly impossible to argue your point on this toopic from a purely scientific point of view.
Last edited by coloo; May 29, 2010 at 03:27 AM.
Originally Posted by coloo View Post
It would be illogical to deny that there are supernatural happenings that occur that cannot be explained with logic or science that man has currently acheived

Something that can't be presently explained =/= supernatural.
Of course, people tend to jump to conclusions and label them supernatural.

That being said, there are very few things presently known which don't have an adequate scientific explanation.