Toribash
Original Post
[GM] Jelly Limbs

Jelly Limbs

There's a saying "You never know the value of what you have till you lose it". You might call yourself a professional killer, but what if your arms or legs turned into a flabby, fractured mass of jelly? Could you still perform just as well? Let's find out!

Objective
By editing replay you will make your pair of arms or legs fractured. Handicapped this way, you have to create the best replay possible. Bonus points for actually making use of your crippled limbs! Both creativity and technique of your replay will be judged by the GM Team.
An example replay is attached to show you the general concept.

How do I get my arms or legs fractured?
1. Open up toribash and set desired settings such as distance or gravity.
2. Hold all and press shift+space to progress a single frame. Save your replay.
3. Open replay file with notepad and at the end of text paste:
ARMS:
FRAME 1; 0 0 0 0
FRACT 0; 5 6 8 9 10 11
JOINT 0; 5 4 6 4 8 4 9 4 10 4 11 4
LEGS:
FRAME 1; 0 0 0 0
FRACT 0; 14 15 16 17 18 19
JOINT 0; 14 4 15 4 16 4 17 4 18 4 19 4
4. Save file, open replay and edit it from the moment your limbs fracture. (protip: use "." and "," to slow down/speed up replays)
image explanation

Note: if you make a replay and then try to edit it, it might glitch (fractures won't happen) - you will need to open the replay file with notepad again, find line with "FRAME 1" and add fracture code again.

Rules
Your arms or legs must be fractured
Mod is classic.tbm, but you can change settings
No hacking replays (apart from adding the fractures at start)
No stealing replays
No moving Uke

Prizes
1st - x10 + + +
2nd - x6 + +

Deadline
2 weeks. It's over!
Okay guys! The winners have been chosen!

First place goes to Internet, because who needs functioning arms to do a good manipulation replay, right?

Second place goes to DropKick for his jaw-dropping limp-limb decap.

Gradeger's replay gets a honorable mention for being the third most favourite of the judges.

Prizes sent! Congratulations to winners and to everybody who took up the challenge!

EDIT- BONUS INFO:
My replay glitched and it's all weird, but it was alright when I saved, how to fix? -> http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=13
How does that frac hacking work? How do I fracture both my arms and legs? -> http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=27
Attached Files
example_arms.rpl (94.0 KB, 66 views)
example_legs.rpl (80.1 KB, 47 views)
Last edited by JtanK; Jul 8, 2014 at 08:54 PM.
Submission for now::
Attached Files
#Habits JellyLimbs.rpl (156.1 KB, 35 views)
Last edited by Habits; Jun 23, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
GOLF WANG
Unity is recruiting! Click here to apply!
Sound's Good, I uploaded a replay. And also, if you fracture your legs is there a more chance you will win since it's difficult to get around?
---
If you do both arms and legs will there be a higher winning rate?
---
I have know idea why my replay is glitchy.
When I made it, it was smooth.
Attached Files
Frac 1- Lapse.rpl (173.3 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by Lapse; Jun 23, 2014 at 07:13 PM.
bye
I have know idea why my replay is glitchy.
When I made it, it was smooth.

As I mentioned before, if you make the replay and save it, then open it again, edit it and save yet another time, it will glitch. To easily fix this, you can open it in notepad, ctrl+f "Frac" and find a line with your fractures, cut it, find "Crush 0" somewhere after "FRAME 1" and replace it with your fracture line that you had just cut out.
Also removing other CRUSH 0; lines in the replay will make it smooth if it's still glitchy.

Anyway I did that for you just in case :P It's a matter of 15 seconds, so it's not much of a problem for me to fix them up.

Originally Posted by Lapse View Post
And also, if you fracture your legs is there a more chance you will win since it's difficult to get around?
If you do both arms and legs will there be a higher winning rate?

Think of it this way: the harder it is for you to make the replay, the more impressive it is if it actually looks good. However it is not worth it to exchange a fractured-legs-madman for a fractured-arms-and-legs badly looking single arm dismember, you get what I mean?
Attached Files
Frac 1- Lapse_fixed.rpl (173.3 KB, 20 views)
Last edited by JtanK; Jun 24, 2014 at 05:31 PM.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
My entry for now..
Attached Files
Gradeger - [GM]JellyLimbs.rpl (130.2 KB, 39 views)
Last edited by Gradeger; Jun 23, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
ugly
Originally Posted by Habits View Post
Submission for now::

how did you get your arms to stay stiff like that? Also heres my entry, you didn't specify what kind of replay you wanted, so I made this.
Attached Files
cb_Jelly amrs.rpl (99.1 KB, 17 views)
this was fun, sadly the glitch thing happened to me a shit ton of times. got it fixed though
Attached Files
Internet - jelly.rpl (244.7 KB, 68 views)
I've checked Habits replay just now. You have added your fractures in FRAME 0, not FRAME 1, which made your aims stiff like when you hold all. I'm afraid that makes your entry invalid.

All other entries are valid.

[re] | #Polska
Ok I'll restart, I knew something was up O.o

Hey tank can you hack a replay for me with 325 engage distance and -20 gravity please? (Just so I don't do it wrong)
Last edited by Habits; Jun 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM.
GOLF WANG
Unity is recruiting! Click here to apply!
Im Down.
Can i frac leg and arm?
upload soon

Well went jelly legs.going for full jelly it will be fun.
Attached Files
Cold Eyes PeaBut Nubber.rpl (96.6 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by ColdEyes; Jun 24, 2014 at 12:07 AM.
Just Stand Still For This Headshot
Originally Posted by ColdEyes View Post
Can i frac leg and arm?

Yes, but you need to have both arms or both legs fractured at once, you can't e.g. fracture left arm and left leg. Always a pair.

[re] | #Polska