Ranking
Original Post
Password expirations and compromised accounts
Hello,

Users are now required to change their passwords every 365 days (I believe the technical term for this is a "year"). This is for your own protection; good account security involves regularly changing your password. If you receive a notice that your password has expired, please change it to something new.

On a related note, if you received a notice saying your account was logged into from Germany and you got banned, your account was compromised and banned for its own security (The related breach has since been neutralized). Please follow the instructions and contact [email protected] to recover your account (And again, please change to a different password). See this thread for additional information.

Thanks,
The Management

ADDENDUM:
Chozo says,
Any further posts that appear to be flaunting how they have shit password security and how they're awesome for not getting hacked even with such idiotic practices will get their accounts suspended because there's a high probability that your accounts will end up getting hacked and generate extra work for us anyways.

Seriously, it's not a positive thing to be retarded at keeping your account safe.

ADDENDUM:
suomynona says,
Read the entire thread before posting.

I will ban anyone who obviously didn't. Thank you.
Last edited by suomynona; Jul 30, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
My old password was a 3 letter word that everyone uses

(User was banned for this post (We don't want to hear about how bad your password was.))
Last edited by suomynona; Jul 30, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
I don't see why so many people have a problem with this. It's done for your protection, not to annoy you.

In my opinion, a year may actually be too long of a time to receive a reminder. A whole 365 days is plenty of time for somebody to claim you password and save it for later use.

Personally, I think passwords should be changed at least once a month. But, I can be paranoid sometimes. ;o

/me points to a shit-ton of hacked accounts.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post
I don't see why so many people have a problem with this. It's done for your protection, not to annoy you.

In my opinion, a year may actually be too long of a time to receive a reminder. A whole 365 days is plenty of time for somebody to claim you password and save it for later use.

Personally, I think passwords should be changed at least once a month. But, I can be paranoid sometimes. ;o

* cube points to a shit-ton of hacked accounts.

For once I agree with box, a month seems reasonable. Weren't there two hacks in less than a year? A year seems too long, but I'll be changing mine more often.
<Fish> How is being a dumbass a form of venting? Is this some sort of flatulence related joke?
i reckon its a good way to stop hackers but it should be more current, id say about every 3 months. But not everyone will do it, so what would the consequesnce foer not doing it be? I would recommend that the password is automatically changed and is sent to the email. But it is sent 1-3 hours later so they miss out on some gameplay.
Originally Posted by genshin View Post
What happens if you dont Change your pass

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Then you are banned from posting on the forum until you change it.

Seriously, people.
READ.
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
No, you won't be banned for not changing your password after a year. You simply won't be allowed to use the forums until you do.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Addenda'd "read the entire thread" into the original post.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
good thing i change my password every week or so.
except on this alt it said i was 823 days overdue or something, probably true cos i don't care about alts.
i'm glad you guys are doing this, it makes sense after both of the recent hacks.
pennis and also dicke and balls
Haven't been told to change my password yet. It's all good. Although people really need to change their passwords more. Hacking is getting bad.
That guy named Poppo
You know, the leader of Fyre.