Toribash
Original Post
[SOLVED] Replay Speed Adjustment Problems
Hi there, everyone.

I'm just slightly concerned about how for me I am unable to change the replay speeds and the way it runs (such as backwards replaying). I used to be able to do so about 6 months ago.
Despite my searching the net for an answer, all I could glean was that replay speeds were changed using the ,(<) and .(>) keys, but the speed number no longer appears down at the bottom right for me. Am I missing something, or was this intentional?
Last edited by CayDay47; Jan 7, 2015 at 12:07 PM.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of dismemberment and decapitation.
Originally Posted by CayDay47 View Post
Hi there, everyone.

I'm just slightly concerned about how for me I am unable to change the replay speeds and the way it runs (such as backwards replaying). I used to be able to do so about 6 months ago.
Despite my searching the net for an answer, all I could glean was that replay speeds were changed using the ,(<) and .(>) keys, but the speed number no longer appears down at the bottom right for me. Am I missing something, or was this intentional?

/opt replaycache 1
Thanks, would you mind explaining simply what that command does, so I am able to put it to use later on if necessary?
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of dismemberment and decapitation.
Originally Posted by CayDay47 View Post
Thanks, would you mind explaining simply what that command does, so I am able to put it to use later on if necessary?

Did it work in the first place?

Anyway the replays need to be cached before they can be displayed at different speeds. That's why even if the speed is set to 4x, the replay plays at default speed for the first time and then plays at the proper quadruple speed. Anyway I imagine turning off replay caching would save some minor resources on your computer, perhaps tb automatically detects low-end machines and disables it by default, though I'm not sure about it.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Thanks, and by the way, it did work, and, agreeing with your explanation, is only able to play replays at different speeds after it had played once or twice.