ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Head texture of the month: Magic!

Sorcerers and magicians, now is the time to use your drawing wands (or mice) to make the best possible head texture!

In this event, the Event Squad (ES) give you guys a theme to work with, and you have 4 weeks to create an amazing head texture. The person who creates the head that best fits the judging criteria receives prizes. But don't worry if you don't make it out on top, as there will be several honourable mentions. Now let's get right into it!

The winner will receive the following:

100000 TC
+
Donations:

Cartier - 50000 TC

The winners of the honourable mentions prize will receive the following:

All winning entries and honourable mention winners will be mentioned in both the Opening Post of the next HTotM with the artists credited AND in a Sticky thread in the art forum. So if you're looking for a chance to establish yourself as an artist in the Toribash community, this is it!

We do still have rules that are to be followed. Keep in mind we may not judge your art if it doesn't follow ALL of these rules.

- No plagiarism, this isn't tolerated at all and is severely punishable
- If your submission looks like a joke, it will not be judged.
- Do not submit old/pre-made textures.
- A rough sketch or WIP is required to prove that it is a head in progress and not a pre-made head that you are reposting.
- Collaborations are allowed, however in this scenario prizes will be split.
- Only one submission is allowed, which also means no alts used to submit two different heads. If you're collaborating with another artist, you can only submit that head.
- Submissions must be in 512x512 or higher.
- Post watermarked flats in this thread with spherical previews. It would be much appreciated if you used Toribash Textures for 3D previews.
- If you aren't using Toribash Textures, ensure to make your previews clear, show all aspects of your head and attempt to keep watermarks somewhat non-intrusive while still being effective.
- We encourage you to post frequent WIPs, just make sure in your post that it's clear what the final product is.

Four weeks after this post, the ES will judge the entries and the process begins. It could take anywhere between 2 days to 1 week. Your entries will be judged based on the following criteria:

- How well the idea fits the theme
- Uniqueness; think outside the box, as it could be the difference between winning and losing
- The execution of your idea

Once the judges have decided on a winner, a post will be made announcing the artists who won / received honourable mentions. Good luck!

This month's theme is MAGIC
The winners of the Previous HTotM event were as follows:

Winner: Haku
Honourable mentions: eblouissant and SeeU

The deadline is October 1st, 20:00 (GMT+0)
Last edited by Finn; Oct 8, 2018 at 03:35 PM. Reason: tag
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Super Moderator, Event Squad, Market Squad. If you have any questions shoot me a PM!
lol sorry, but how is dengue's head unique? it's just a wizard with a glowing tattoo. (very unique w0w)

i know its not possible to change winners now but if you're gonna vote the head without the GIVEN criteria, just don't add it next time because clearly it wasn't used.
Originally Posted by chab View Post
yes, please include reasoning on why this and that head won etc.

not to complain, but this voting seems very much biased lol

Remeber when you won the chrismas event by just drawing a anime head that wasnt even related to the theme?

And I made a thread saying its biased and you bull shitted on me?

Just dont talk about it being biased. Dengue's head was much better than your anime head, no harsh feelings, just the truth.
-----
Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
I can't believe Monobi wasn't even mentioned, that's crazy.

His head was c/p and he claimed that
Last edited by Clint; Oct 8, 2018 at 06:37 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
- Uniqueness; think outside the box, as it could be the difference between winning and losing

Yes indeed, think outside the box and lose. While being greatly executed, dengue's head isn't original and it's very debatable if it fits the theme.

Judging by the criteria that you wrote and forgot, Clint should have won that. He thought outside the box, a magical wrestler is great idea and delivers very well how the character could be while fighting under that shiny helmet. But since it's different than the usual white haired monk or shiny eyes girl, "it doesn't fit the theme".
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Remeber when you won the chrismas event by just drawing a anime head that wasnt even related to the theme?

And I made a thread saying its biased and you bull shitted on me?

Just dont talk about it being biased. Dengue's head was much better than your anime head, no harsh feelings, just the truth.

sorry bout that old argument but you get my point and you just proved my point even more :-)

you see how they don't vote on criteria given?
why add it then when no one keeps it in mind? hopefully, they vote with that criteria in mind next htotm or this event will die like it did last time.

and lol no, dengue's head isn't better than mine. that's just straight facts
and ik they gonna close this thread if we keep arguing...
and this is the head that won HTOTM Christmas
VERY UNIQUE and GREATLY EXECUTED good joke

Chab's anime toy maker

Originally Posted by Clint View Post
and ik they gonna close this thread if we keep arguing...
and this is the head that won HTOTM Christmas
VERY UNIQUE and GREATLY EXECUTED good joke

Chab's anime toy maker

tbh it wasn't that great but i think what let that won was the name
(name was well thought and executed perfectly ngl) ;-)
I'm just trying to figure out how in the hell Monobi didn't even make honorable mentions, makes zero sense to me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Originally Posted by Natejas View Post
I'm just trying to figure out how in the hell Monobi didn't even make honorable mentions, makes zero sense to me

already told you, it was c/p and he claimed that. and I think that's the reason.
Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Hey everyone, of course we can release the reasoning behind our picks.

Dengue: Great execution, fit the theme well and was also one of the more unique entries we've had.
Chab: Great execution and fit the theme well, but lacked in how unique the head was.
Clint: Head was quite unique compared to most other entries and execution was also good, didn't fit the theme that well but was still worth a honourable mention.

There were a lot of heads that we thought also looked great but we can only give a prize to so many people, and these guys just edged it out over their competitors.
Once again thank you all for entering and we hope to see you again for the next HTotM!

Idk who judges these things but the panel might need an update, because to be frank, Dengue winning is bullshit. He drew an old man and slapped a yellow symbol on its forehead, yeah, real unique. Put Dengue's head beside Chab's, weppetko, or possibly even clints and there is no way in hell anyone with a brain is going to say that his the most magical and creative out of the bunch but sure its great execution, if you don't mind half of it looking like a real person and the other half looking like it came out of american dragon jake long. If they do, they probably judged this months event.
Its not a bad head but it sure wasn't the best one in any sense of the word.
Last edited by Micah; Oct 8, 2018 at 07:18 PM.