Ranking
Original Post
Youtuber event
Hello forums and today I give you an event that will hopefully advertise toribash to the gaming community through the use of youtubers. Every now and then a group of Youtubers will get together for an event, to form a group, or to sponsor a group they are making (The creature hub, GOAT, etc.) I was thinking that if we could gather enough Youtubers we can divy them up into teams to compete against each other. How we divide the People depends on how many Youtubers are interested, we could do it by staff where said staff member has a team (like the Tori summer camp of 2014 just scaled down.) Or you could get the clans involved and have Youtubers introduced to the game by clans who sign up for the event; train, compete etc etc. Pro's of this event would be the fact that we are getting free advertising from youtubers, which will hopefully bring in a wave of new members! The only cons I can think of are that people's schedules are too tight to fit our event in. This will take extensive planning and it really relies on how many people want to join but I think if we can make it work.
Please leave your oppinion on how this could change for the better, also if you like it include some Youtubers you think we should contact. (In a spoiler)
If I get positive feedback I'll pitch this idea to a GM if they don't decide to take notice right from the thread.
(I was inspired to make this thread after reading THIS but thought it would be easier to separate this so we can reference this single thread should this idea go through.)

Requested Youtubers

Last edited by Day; Jul 29, 2015 at 04:46 AM.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
I think this is a great idea, but the biggest con I see is that a lot of toribashers are kid, even though there is nothing wrong with that, many people don't like videos made by kids on Youtube and just don't watch them.
Message me if you want to war!
Originally Posted by kacperunio View Post
I think this is a great idea, but the biggest con I see is that a lot of toribashers are kid, even though there is nothing wrong with that, many people don't like videos made by kids on Youtube and just don't watch them.

They're people who are 18+ in the community. OLDA is a organization made for people 18+ so we could ask them if they want to do a Youtube series or something. We could also ask Cowmeat and friends at his podcast to narrate the battles or even particapate.
While hard to set up, it could be possible. It require a lot of effort though and I don't see it bringing people to the community.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
I came to the community after watching a play through done by someone i can now not remember, I saw that the commentator was controlling his arms and leg and making his own moves which inspired me to check it out. Lots of younger kids browse youtube and will fanboy/fangirl over whatever their favorite youtuber is doing. Say antvenom does a review on a new minecraft minigame, my little cousin then HAS to go try out that minigame. Also one thing that will enable <insert youtuber name here> youtuber's fan base to be "closer" to said youtuber is the fact that this game is free. What held me back from trying out the games my favorite youtubers were playing is the fact that I didn't have the money to get it.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Originally Posted by Day View Post
Say antvenom does a review on a new minecraft minigame, my little cousin then HAS to go try out that minigame.

Depending on the age, things could be wrong but I'm going to assume he's around 10.
Do you really think a ten year old will have the determination to play a game that's harder than calculus to learn. Plus, there is no way in hell that any Youtuber would stay in Toribash unless your a small channel that appeals to small demographics. Antvenom is not a small channel.
"Who wouldn't pass up gay sex with Bercat?"
"Day is probably masturbating to Osu"- Hydra 2k15
Originally Posted by qukslice View Post
Depending on the age, things could be wrong but I'm going to assume he's around 10.
Do you really think a ten year old will have the determination to play a game that's harder than calculus to learn. Plus, there is no way in hell that any Youtuber would stay in Toribash unless your a small channel that appeals to small demographics. Antvenom is not a small channel.

Obviously it would start off small with less than popular youtubers but, like most things it could grow if given enough sunshine. Then the heavy youtubers will rain down upon toribash and the dirt players follow. All of a sudden, branches form. Toribash gains popularity, more players, more competition, more replay makers, more small youtubers, more everything. Toribash could possibly turn into a redwood tree of games.

I don't know about you but I feel it's worth a shot. +Supported
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
We can start this off by having some people go suggest playing toribash to some youtubers.This will grow like how some of the series they play grew.First they will try out the game on their own,then they will invite their friends in if they find the game good enough.When these youtubers start coming in,we start the event.
Are you living the life you really want?
still waiting for people to suggest youtubers, i stopped looking at youtube so i have no clue who the hell is popular.
Try getting NerdCubed to play it again? hes the reason why i got into toribash
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
this just brought about another problem i thought of, who should make the formal invitation for all the hopeful participants? Staff would be the obvious choice but for that to happen we need to get someone onboard with the idea.
As an addition to the list i'll create a spoiler on my OG post but i was introduced to toribash through Mr360Games, now known as Double, he doesn't really do too too much heavy duty game series so i think he is a good candidate.