Ranking
Original Post
Whatever happened to that toritoy?
I remember... A long time ago in a thread far far away, there was this toritoy thing someone was making just wondering what ever happened to that? It was like an action figure...
Well, sadly, they finished that ONE toy, and afaik vanished. I dont know if any sort of communication ever took place between nabi and the people making it, but fuck, there was potential there :/ I would buy one.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by Mahulk17-0 View Post
Oh I remember that.
I wish they would finish and sell them.

yeah, it would be great
lol wut
Originally Posted by deady View Post
Well, sadly, they finished that ONE toy, and afaik vanished. I dont know if any sort of communication ever took place between nabi and the people making it, but fuck, there was potential there :/ I would buy one.

Yeah, it was someone doing an individual product. It was really pretty well done too.

I remember at one point, g was discussing some merchandising opportunities, and the idea of making these came up. I did some research into costs and what could be done and how (since that's part of what I do irl), and the costs were extremely high to get even a small production run made. The initial overhead for some quotes made it so that each figurine would cost almost 100USD to break even in the first run. Now, commonly you'll do multiple production runs, and maybe break even in the second one, and then make profit by the time you start the third, but with as limited of a run as Nabi would need, it's just not cost effective. There are some other options, but Nabi would need to hire a professional to work on it, which is another cost as well...

btw, here is that old thread....

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=64421

Last edited by Novitec; Jan 31, 2010 at 08:26 PM.
Originally Posted by Novitec View Post
Yeah, it was someone doing an individual product. It was really pretty well done too.

I remember at one point, g was discussing some merchandising opportunities, and the idea of making these came up. I did some research into costs and what could be done and how (since that's part of what I do irl), and the costs were extremely high to get even a small production run made. The initial overhead for some quotes made it so that each figurine would cost almost 100USD to break even in the first run. Now, commonly you'll do multiple production runs, and maybe break even in the second one, and then make profit by the time you start the third, but with as limited of a run as Nabi would need, it's just not cost effective. There are some other options, but Nabi would need to hire a professional to work on it, which is another cost as well...

btw, here is that old thread....

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=64421

Thanks for picI never saw.

Those look pretty cool besides no color or texture.
100USD? I`m not even sure that the thing moves like the online tori`s lol.
The right hand looks faggish.
And I can`t see the groin, that should be bigger. D:
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

I think he had the joints move in coordination with the game model, so it should move any way you can make your tori move. And I'm sure some sizing had to be modified to fit the models range of motion.
They`d be great for visualizing your replays, I could use one in doing it movement by movement IRL!
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up