Toribash
Original Post
lol at alienware for fun
Guess how much it costs to upgrade from 2gb to 8gb when you buy an M11x?

$350

Guess how much it costs to buy 2x4gb sticks of ram for the M11x from the Dell Upgrades store?

$140

I think they are trolling with their $200 install fee. (Plus the $50for the 2gb ram stick that they dont have to give you, so really its $250 install fee :I)

Upgrade from 160 to 500gb harddrive? That will cost you $150!
Thats right, it costs more to upgrade from 160 to 500 than it would cost for you to buy a 500gb Momentus or a 2tb external harddrive.
They's trollin hard on that one.

Yes I saw the $799 deal for the M11x and decided to get one.
I think its a pretty good deal, but the upgrade options are hilariously/retardedly overpriced.

My plan: M11x w/ stock settings + bluetooth -> $820

Momentus 500gb 32mb cache - $110
8gb RAM - $140
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
I think M11x for 799$ is a pretty good deal, but the upgrades i highly overpriced. You will lost you laptop guarantee if you change the HDD and ram, right? And are you sure you can trade the HDD?
i've always hated how alienware is way overpriced for their laptops/desktops. after dell got a hold of them they fucked up by increasing their pricing even more... sure people do buy alienware still but there was a reason they needed someone like dell to buy their company in the first place lol.
You don't say?
I think the M11x base model at $800 is pretty good deal.

But I havn't purchased it yet, so if you want to point me to something better, be my guest
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
18.4" vs 11"
That is not the same form factor at all :I
That is practically 4x the size.
Plus it looks like shit compare to the M11x

I mean, I could compare a smartphone to a desktop and note that a desktop is 30x more powerful at the same price, but its really not the same thing at all...
I lol'd when he pointed you out an 18 inch laptop

Also I bought an M15X last year I didn't see anything better at the time so I just went ahead and got it. Came with their free tactx mouse and head set but both of those broke :/. Probably my fault but I thought I took pretty good care of them. Also I say my fault because the mouse broke cus the wire where it connects to the mouse got all like dented and permantly folded and eventually lost connection completely. And the headset had the wire that plugs into the computer come disconnected though not visible at all.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
I am going to have to talk to the support staff, the Australian model is $600 more for the exact same settings. The Aus model also forces you to take McAfee's security security center >_>

"1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 X 2GB) (1333MHz Memory operates at 800MHz)"
Wow thanks, im forced to buy more expensive memory that I will not even benefit from! Awesome!

I am also forced to buy one of their shitty 320 gb harddrives.

I wish there was an option for no ram, no hdd, no OS. (actually I wouldn't mind OS key)

Maybe I can somehow talk the support staff in to removing all their shit >_>
Alienware sucks and it is a waste of money. it shouldn't even be on the face of the earth. Just like osama bin laden (that's right I didn't capitalize his name.)
Fr3styL
OLDA