Ranking
you told us you considered taking your own life that night

if thats the case then you should just go all out

dont care about anything just do whatever you want to do and say whatever you want to say

the worst thing that can happen is that you get kicked out but you just said that you could stay at your friends house right?

get a small job and pay them each month

im pretty sure they wont kick you out knowing that you have no place to go

and even if they do im sure your state will provide something like a foster family or something
piratez
She wont kick me out. She'll ground me.
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1832449_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Free TC!

SO WHAT IF SHE GROUNDS YOU?! WHAT THE HELL DUDE

just go the outside! if she tries to stop you its time you seriously fist fight her

you only have 1 life and its obvious shes making yours a complete hell

wtf she cant ground you if you really stand up for yourself!

so she tells you '' hey dont go outside, your grounded ''

what can she possibly do if your response is '' nope, im going to do what i want to do ''

??!??!??!... OWNED!!!!!
piratez
Lol. you guys don't get it. I meanvlocks on my door and bars on my window grounded.
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic1832449_3.gif[/SIGPIC]

Free TC!

dont give her the chance to ground you, just leave a note and then leave

.. well if she knows where your school is located and who your friend is that will be a problem

you need to get the police involved tell them everything you just told us and they will help you deal with your problem

but i honestly think it would be best if you could just get along with your mom

only do what i just told you as a last resort

i suggest that you try one last time to bond with your mom
piratez
Originally Posted by Vulc View Post
Lol. you guys don't get it. I meanvlocks on my door and bars on my window grounded.

All you need to do is wait for your friend and his bros to come in a magical, flying car and-
Wait, my bad. Wrong story.

I searched for a bit on child rights and domestic rights but I couldn't find much. I don't do much legal stuff anyway. In all seriousness, these are how I see your options.
1: Wait it out till you are 18. Become a legal adult and leave.
2: Run away. Just leave.
3: Seek out a youth attorney or visit a law firm to find out your rights and what can be done in legal action if you want a separation.
"... if a minor legally gets married, he/she becomes emancipated."

So just get married, brah. No, but really, here's the link I found http://www.jrplaw.org/documents/eman...y%20oregon.pdf

What are the criteria the Juvenile Court looks at to determine if I am a
good candidate for emancipation?
Emancipation is a privilege, not a right, and is granted only to those
minors who can demonstrate that they are prepared to live in the community
like adults. A minor wishing to become emancipated should demonstrate an
ability to manage his/her affairs in a mature and responsible manner. For
specific information regarding the criteria the court will consider, contact the
Juvenile Court in your county.

You should probably call them to find out specific information since this is for a specific county, but it doesn't look like you need a reason. You just need to be responsible and able to live on your own.

The question after that also says it helps if your parent agrees. You should talk to your mom about this, too.

They likely won't let you if you won't be able to support yourself. So you should have a job and good attendance at school. I'm not sure if they'll take your emotional abuse situation into account or not as being in your best interest to move out. You should just call the thing in your county and find out all this stuff. They also won't let you emancipate so you can go and be supported by someone else.

I think your best choice would be to just wait it out until you're 18, or at least graduate high school and then try for emancipation.
Last edited by isaac; Sep 27, 2011 at 09:45 AM.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Oh god, which idiots are advocating that you beat up your mother? What the fuck?

I run into this kind of thread too often: look, if you're privileged enough to have your own personal device such as a computer or phone that allows you to post this stuff in the first place, you clearly aren't being horribly bullied and oppressed by your mother.
Everyone in here has pretty much given the worst possible answer: provoking conflict or initiating further conflict.
The first step is to try and seek therapy, either emotional therapy or family therapy along with your mother. Consider: does anyone at all except strangers on the internet (we should NOT be the people you're telling this to) know that you considered suicide? That you're this far down the road of despising your parents?
If you actually feel that your situation is so horribly untenable (and it really doesn't sound like it is, what with the whiny "my mom punished me for doing something wrong, time to kill myself"), call child services. This is, of course, the obvious way you pick who you live with. Foster care programs will accept you providing you're actually worth their time.

Preliminary emancipation isn't meant to get you away from your parents, and shouldn't be used as such.

Man, people take parents so stupidly for granted. Would you like a college education? Because they're usually the ones paying for it, and they aren't really obligated to. Would you like an inheritance? Most people would, and they aren't obligated to give that to you either.

Edit: since this seemed to pop up too: ignore people stupidly advocating that you actually run away. This would immediately brand you as the instigator and culprit, not your parents. Further, it would get the police involved, and in the meantime quite possibly leave you broke and homeless.
Last edited by Boredpayne; Sep 27, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Boredpayne maybe your parents are willing to pay for college, Go into family therapy, Or give you inheritance, but a hell of a lot of families aren't like yours. They aren't willing to pay for your college because most are already in massive fucking debt, They simply do not have the patience for family therapy furthermore therapy probably costs a lot of money, and don't really have anything to give except the furniture and stuff after their death.

And he's probably not using HIS computer like you probably are right now. I bet you have a cellphone too?

And this situation most likely isn't like "my mom punished me for doing something wrong, time to kill myself" It's a fuck load deeper than that. Something you probably wouldn't know and understand because you've never gone through it before. It's like she refuses to show any affection to him.

I honestly don't think you relate to this situation what so ever, and is actually the complete opposite of this situation.

Your best advice Child Services.

Also he has a job, and he has a friends parent that is willing to look after him.

Don't you think it's the opposite as well? Parents take their kids for granted?

Parents? Never had 'em, Don't need 'em wouldn't want to meet them either. Abusive drunk uncle? Shit, I don't need that either, but I'm here.
Last edited by T0ribush; Sep 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM.