Toribash
That's true. I have both but to me I prefer SkullCandy. Beats does have a bass boost which is amazing for hip-hop/rap. As refrenced (Spelt wrong I know) from Velair.
Originally Posted by MoonShake View Post
The people at Monster are marketing gods :P

Monster doesn't make Beats anymore.
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
If you're looking for very high quality headphones for a good price, stay away from celebrity-endorsed products. Generally they're very overpriced and aren't on par with other products in the same price range in terms of sound quality.

Two personal favorites are the Sennheiser HD 280 ($100) and the Audio Technica ATH M-50 ($160). I own both pairs and they are wonderful headphones. Both have exceptional sound quality and are a great value, though the M-50's are more expensive (they have higher sound quality, however).

I'd go with the ATH M-50's if $160 is in your budget, which I would assume it is since you were going to buy $250-$400 Beats headphones. If not, $100 for the Sennheiser HD 280 headphones is a steal.

These are just my personal favorites; everyone is different. I suggest looking around and doing your research on headphones before spending that much money on something.
Beats by Dr.Dre is far too overpriced.
Skullcandy breaks very easily.

Beats has pretty much standard audio quality and the Solos are craps.
There are other cheaper and/or better headphones like Sennheiser, Sony, Vestax, Phillips, Sol Republic, Superlux, AKG, Bose, etc.

It really depends what you are using it for. (Listening in the bedroom/public/producing/DJ/etc.)
If you're buying it to listen to music while in public, try searching the headphones with noise cancellation. It reduces/removes unwanted ambient noises.

Or buy earbuds ffs.
Enigma | Indonesian?
rip aelise, she wil b remembrd
Don't buy from brands who profit more from clever marketing than good quality.

Good quality headsets surely are better than cheap and shitty ones as those tend to be either to high or downpitched, have shitty bass and can actually be bad for your ears.

If you want to listen to music on the road with your mp3 player or smartphone don't get expensive ones as they will probably break quickly.
Just get earbuds or the headset dargon suggested as they have an excellent sound quality for that price, are sturdy and you can replace the cords easily.
We actually have a HD 668-B hipster club in our IRC channel. )o)

I also suggest you make a thread on some hifi forums, they surely can advice you better than people here.
not sure why people are condemning skullcandy, most reliable, hd headphones i've used
beats are for hxc loud rap music if you're into that stuff, but for most of the music i listen to (even a little rap); sounds great through skullcandy's
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
No.

Audio Technica ATH-M50

Most professional studio quality headphones are much better quality than Dre's and plenty are less expensive.
-----
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
not sure why people are condemning skullcandy, most reliable, hd headphones i've used
beats are for hxc loud rap music if you're into that stuff, but for most of the music i listen to (even a little rap); sounds great through skullcandy's

Skull Candy's are alright, they're great for the cost but they're definitely not the best quality wise. I'd rather have Skull Candy's than Dre's... but that's not saying a whole lot.
Last edited by JayStar; Jun 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
kBALL'S INPUT
I HAVE boston redsox limited ediition studios and i have no problem with them the sound quality is great. people are always like why u spend 400$ on headphones. look at it this way beats arent terrible. by buying thise other headphones listed its not a drastic change is sound quality. If im going to wear headphones im going to look sexy af while doing it. If u dont have the money for studio's id suggest either solo's or skullcandy hesh 2's.

v-moda
Those are also very nice headphones
Last edited by kball; Jun 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM.
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

I say get the beats it is amazing listening to rap/hip hop.

However it isn't really good for pop and other stuff but if ur listening to rap and hip hop get the beats they are flexible and comfortable.

Skull candy is the one for pop and other things.

I recommend that you get the beats.