Ranking
Original Post
Beats by Dr. Dre... Are they worth it?
Though they make listening to music much more enjoyable, is it really worth over 100$ more than just an ordinary pair of earphones?

I wanna hear your thoughts on this, I'm thinking about buying a pair of Dr. Dre Solo's.

I plan on buying a pair off eBay, because at the store they are ridiculously priced.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No idea, but if you want everyone to talk shit behind your back you should buy it. From experience I've seen that people with dr dre headphones aren't really taken seriously.

I hope I could help. (Nope.)
Well i have a pair that i got as a gift a while ago .
Let me just say that they are amazing AF, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are worth paying over 100 bucks for.
If you're not comfortable you can always buy the beats made by Ludacris which are cheaper, but uglier.
Beats by Dre are nice overall , they play the music perfectly , and when you have them on the material for the ear pieces feel nice , not to mention how great it looks, has great durability, and unlike traditional headphones , you can choose to plug your phone or whatever into either side , there's no 'correct side' or a 'left' and 'right'.
But other than that they're just like anyother pair of head phones , i think they're so expensive because they look good aswell as being made by someone famous . You could either buy em now or wait a couple years until the price drops :c, or buy a regular pair , the regular pair will still get the job done.
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
Well I'm not planning on wearing big ass headphones while in public, that's what smaller earphones are for.

I'm also not wearing them because they look cool, at all.

So if there's an alternative that's cheaper, with very similar quality let me know!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you're a swagfag and want to use your headphones as a fashion accessory and blow your cash mindlessly, go ahead. Get them.

Otherwise, get something decent.

quick <100$ guide

If you're willing to get audiophile-tier headphones (both of the following have godly quality):

DT 770 - extremely comfortable
ATH-M50 - extremely 'flexible'

Look more into them if you feel like it.
Originally Posted by Chaco View Post
So if there's an alternative that's cheaper, with very similar quality let me know!

That kinda means all +$20 headphones. If you buy Dr Dre's, you're paying for brand name and looks, not for sound quality.

But yeah, Superlux HD series are good (and pretty cheap too, but pretty fugly).

I personally prefer HD330/660 over HD668B, mostly due to "more agressive sound" & closed design.

I've compared Superlux HD668B against Grado SR2250, and the sound quality was pretty even. HD330s were even better match due to how their sound is "Gradoish".

But in the end, headphones decission comes to what kind of music you want to listen, and from what source, etc etc etc...

Summa summarum: Please, don't get Dr Dre's, you will just make everyone sad.
Well, I am very uneducated in terms of head phones.

I'm glad I opened this thread, the reason I know beats are good is because the apple store at the local mall has them there for anyone to listen to, I haven't really experimented with other head phones, because I simply don't have the money.

I mainly want a pair for music with lots of base and lyrics, any suggestions?

I don't care if they're "fugly" either, I just want a comfortable, functioning pair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Honestly, if you don't have the money you shouldn't buy them. I have a pair and to me their just like any other type of headphones. Have you heard of "SkullCandy" headphones? I suggest those.
I heard that Beats by Dre have a bass boost which makes stuff sound better.
If thats why you want then buy skull candy,they are cheap durable and overall pretty cul.
damn im gettin old
Originally Posted by Velair View Post
I heard that Beats by Dre have a bass boost which makes stuff sound better.

The Bass included on Beats isn't even crisp. It drowns out the mids on some songs, plus the beats that you see for tryout in stores have songs that are mastered to make it "sound good". The people at Monster are marketing gods :P
Originally Posted by zomfier View Post
Honestly, if you don't have the money you shouldn't buy them. I have a pair and to me their just like any other type of headphones. Have you heard of "SkullCandy" headphones? I suggest those.

Oh dear god no, Skullcandys have much worse quality than beats, but even though they are much cheaper, I think they are terrible.

Anything from Koss and Sennheiser, $40>. These brands are known for making quality headphones, I wouldn't buy anything else.
Last edited by Moonshake; Jun 17, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder