Toribash
Why don't you guys try googles OS before criticizing it.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Already had a try... and to be honest, it's nothing special... All i got is a browser (Google Chrome) and the work it's almost all based on Internet... what's the point?
underground shelter with windows of a sunny day
always ~
Originally Posted by HaYZ View Post
Already had a try... and to be honest, it's nothing special... All i got is a browser (Google Chrome) and the work it's almost all based on Internet... what's the point?

I'm fairly certain that it is designed to be used by students, so all it needs is a simple interface, Internet, a word processor, a few games and a low price.
Originally Posted by HaYZ View Post

If you are only looking for gaming computers then there is no point. Watch the entire video and you will see the points. Ignorant prick
GOS is a great shift. I have looked in to cloud OS' before, and they seemed nice, but I think GOS is a better way of doing it.

The companies moto is "Don't be evil" and as of yet it would seem as though it is run by programmers and nerds by and large

What have you got against programmers and nerds?
Why do you think they are evil?
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
GOS is a great shift. I have looked in to cloud OS' before, and they seemed nice, but I think GOS is a better way of doing it.

What have you got against programmers and nerds?
Why do you think they are evil?

No, you misread me :P I was saying programmers and nerds are typically not evil when compared to the business types usually associated with running corporations. I probably worded it kinda weird. Should have used a "but" where I used an "and it would seem..."

Also I have no clue what cloud computing is yet, but I know Chrome OS uses it. One of those things I need to read up on. And for the people saying it doesn't do much, it really isn't meant to be a full fledged browser that can compete with Windows or Mac OS. It's designed for Netbooks and other portable, mostly internet centered hardware.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
The simplest way to think of cloud computing is that it uses web applets rather than installed programs.

Google docs replaces Office software, gmail replaces outlook, etc.
Data is stored on the cloud, programs are installed on the cloud. Any machine can access the data with the right passwords, so you could log on to a computer at school and get all your documents, or at work, or at home.

It is really great! And with LTE it should be interesting!
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
The simplest way to think of cloud computing is that it uses web applets rather than installed programs.

Google docs replaces Office software, gmail replaces outlook, etc.
Data is stored on the cloud, programs are installed on the cloud. Any machine can access the data with the right passwords, so you could log on to a computer at school and get all your documents, or at work, or at home.

It is really great! And with LTE it should be interesting!

I see. Honestly I use Google docs primarily anyways, and I normally need a word processor like 2 times a week minimum. It's so much simple, plus I don't have some full suit taking space on my HDD. I can see how this would be good with other programs as well.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
The only thing I don't like about cloud computing is that I feel really uncomfortable distributing my information and such like so

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
The only thing I don't like about cloud computing is that I feel really uncomfortable distributing my information and such like so

Isn't the idea that only programs and information that you decide is distributed over the network, and everything private is restricted only to your computer?