Toribash
Original Post
Bullying
I was thinking before I went to sleep on how I got bullied and what happened during, after and now from the bullying. I found that anytime I had suicidal thoughts was directly from bullying. And that my life was changed by it, I ended doing poorly, from getting 'A's to getting 'D's all in a single semester because of the paranoia I gained of 'should I go put away my stuff (schoolwork) or just bring it home' in a fear that someone would hurt me, black mail me or just steal something of mine. So I thought.

Should a law of some sort be put into place as in it should be the equivalent as an adolescent committing a harassing crime and possibly go to juvie or some sort? (I know it's a bit extreme)
I don't really know what to say besides what were your bullying experiences and you think should be done?
Have a Great and Fuck you
If you're being bullied and it's having that effect on you, you should seek help. Suicidal thoughts are common but something I take seriously.

If it's as bad as you make it out to be, don't be afraid to be a snitch. People can hate you or whatever for telling on someone who's being a shitter. A law isn't necessary, since egging someone to kill themselves is illegal in itself, but letting someone know in the first place is a good start.
Focus on your grades, it'll get you out of school as fast as you can =)
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

That's the point of having school guidance counselors, or even your teachers. Even though most people don't think it, they are their to help you, and if you're failing over some ridiculous bullying, it's up to you to make an action.
You opened the SpaghettiO's, now you gotta sniff them.
I still don't get how people can get so worked up over someone calling you names or bullying you. You ignore it and move on, not that difficult in my eyes. Of course, people are different and react differently, but I can't understand how someone could be driven to suicide from bullying.

Also no, there should not be laws for "bullying". That's stupid. There are already harassment laws in place.

Edit: I should mention that I mean "worked up" as in going so far to have suicidal thoughts. It is annoying and would piss me off.
Last edited by Kyure; Feb 6, 2016 at 03:58 AM.
if someones bullying you, beat them up or at least punch them in the face.
if you feel like youre not strong enough do it anyway because others will respect you and back you up next time something happens. school is pretty primal if you think about it.

teachers will not help you, they dont give a shit in most cases but it's not a bad idea to let them know what's happening.
I don't know what sort of fucked up school you're at vesca, but for the most part teachers do care about the health and well-being of their students. If you talk to them and explain your problem to them, they'll do whatever they can to help them.

I'd also advise you to learn some self-defence. It's all good to say that you should go up and punch your bully in the face, but if you're not confident and you're fully aware that you're weaker than them and that you'll get beat up then that's not really a great option. When you tell them firmly to stop bullying you, you need to be able to back up your words with action. Scout around your area for some martial arts classes - I'd recommend jiu jitsu classes if you can find them.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
I still don't get how people can get so worked up over someone calling you names or bullying you. You ignore it and move on, not that difficult in my eyes. Of course, people are different and react differently, but I can't understand how someone could be driven to suicide from bullying.

Also no, there should not be laws for "bullying". That's stupid. There are already harassment laws in place.

Edit: I should mention that I mean "worked up" as in going so far to have suicidal thoughts. It is annoying and would piss me off.

Not sure if you were homeschooled or just grew up as the bully but verbal abuse and physical abuse have long term consequences. Lower self esteem/value along with social anxiety or other issues could happen. As for suicide, just because you personally never experienced it doesn't make it any less real. 4400 teens kill themselves each year in the US...

Words do hurt, now that you're older you can shrug it off but for most kids it's not as easy.

Originally Posted by vesca View Post
eachers will not help you, they dont give a shit in most cases but it's not a bad idea to let them know what's happening.

Teachers should be more observant of their students in the first place. The fact that they aren't always the first ones to get involved is one of the problems.

Edit:
As for laws being put in place my state [Massachusetts] already did.
Last edited by jump; Feb 6, 2016 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Added my state laws on bullying.
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
Not sure if you were homeschooled or just grew up as the bully but verbal abuse and physical abuse have long term consequences. Lower self esteem/value along with social anxiety or other issues could happen. As for suicide, just because you personally never experienced it doesn't make it any less real. 4400 teens kill themselves each year in the US...

Words do hurt, now that you're older you can shrug it off but for most kids it's not as easy.

Yes, now that I reflect on it, I've always been rather independent, and have only really focused on marks and school. That's not to say I never hang out with anyone, but I tend to be much more introverted. As I said before, different people experience it in different ways; I just have a tough time seeing how it could drive someone to suicide, but that is just me.

Bullying is a part of life, and you need to just find a way to get past it, since it will never go away. That's the reality.
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Yes, now that I reflect on it, I've always been rather independent, and have only really focused on marks and school. That's not to say I never hang out with anyone, but I tend to be much more introverted. As I said before, different people experience it in different ways; I just have a tough time seeing how it could drive someone to suicide, but that is just me.

Bullying is a part of life, and you need to just find a way to get past it, since it will never go away. That's the reality.

i don't think you know what kinds of bulling people go through..
you mentioned people calling others names, but trust me, that is the tamest parts of bulling..

anyway, i've seen people go through pretty bad bullying and end up okay..
i personally can deal with all types of verbal harassment - sticks and stones~
but i think when it escalates to serious physical abuse, 3rd party intervention and punishment should be in place.. usually if it's at school, then the teachers and staff are the way to go..
I'm sure there are already punishments for bullying, the victim just needs to speak up
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
I used to be bullied back in the day.

People say things for a reaction. Don't give it to them. Keep a cool head and tell adults immediately.

Take it by the roots before it grows out of control.

If it gets bad, however, a good gut punch never hurts. But this should be last resort.

As for your feels, get a release. No, I don't mean cutting yourself. Sports, fishing, heck even gaming can help. Just keep it healthy and monitored.
-----
You're talking to a 16 year old who was in a school shooting freshman year and watched a dude kill himself with a shotgun in the face.

Trust me. I know how things go -_-
-----
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I don't know what sort of fucked up school you're at vesca, but for the most part teachers do care about the health and well-being of their students. If you talk to them and explain your problem to them, they'll do whatever they can to help them.

I'd also advise you to learn some self-defence. It's all good to say that you should go up and punch your bully in the face, but if you're not confident and you're fully aware that you're weaker than them and that you'll get beat up then that's not really a great option. When you tell them firmly to stop bullying you, you need to be able to back up your words with action. Scout around your area for some martial arts classes - I'd recommend jiu jitsu classes if you can find them.

Man. Even if you are a weak greenbean, you better be ready to fight your ass off. Even if you get beat up, you gain respect and might even be better off.

Ofc, there is a fine line between brave and stupid xD Know that...
Last edited by FruitCandy; Feb 6, 2016 at 05:31 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]