Ranking
Original Post
Help making textures
Okay so I really want to make detailed textures but I have no idea where to start, could someone please give me advice and what they think is the best way to do textures maybe even some videos that may have helped you out please and thank you!
First have an idea, secondly just start on simple things, (basic shapes, line work, a sketch)
|Evil|
I don't exist
GIMP / Krita
<[Sigma]phail> stop dueling new players for their whole inventory on alt accounts you asshole
Focus less on the program and more on learning technique. Pick any program, does not matter at all.

Secondly, if you are going to create head textures with a mouse, i suggest going down the cartoon/vector art route. In this case, you might want to pick a program that allows you to use a pen tool, helps.

Thirdly, youtube. Youtube what you need to know at that moment. For example "How to make a square in gimp" Youtube it, learn it, apply it, repeat. Keep doing this, build up knowledge, experiment.

There is no short cut, you just have to practice over and over. Having a tablet makes things a lot easier, but even then you still need to apply practice or you will not achieve your end goal.

Bottom line: Pick a program and start practicing.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Thanks you guys I appreciate it what did you mean by vector art btw? and how do i know where like the placement is you know what i mean like where eyes n stuff would go
go to torishop-> textures-> template,
this helps a lot, and download gimp to make a preview in a sphere mapping.
If you are going to use a mouse, I'd recommend using lazy nezumi pro, as it really smoothens the lines. Other than that, I don't see anything that I could add in, other than what Jusmi and Dengue said.
Rogue can you post a link to where to download lazy nezumi pro?

found it

Lazy Nezumi

a 30 day free trial, or buy it for 35 dollars.
Last edited by Kirito; Jul 3, 2016 at 06:35 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.