Ranking
View Poll Results: Should Bans Be Permanent?
Yes, Undoubtedly and immediately.
19 Votes / 18.27%
Yes, But there should be some debate about the motives.
50 Votes / 48.08%
Nuuu, dat r nut fare i r b gewd nao =DDDD
11 Votes / 10.58%
No, I don't think permanent bans are a good idea.
12 Votes / 11.54%
Only for extreme cases.
12 Votes / 11.54%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

PERma ban them and disgrace their dead carcasses!!!
Originally Posted by ?
is it a bird? is it a plane? no.... its loloholic

Screw helping Lolvale outpopulate vebamin C, the citizens need jobs! Help by clicking here! =P
How does farming ruin the game? Oh noes, dey haif mur tc den me! So what? Get the hell over it. And scamming, If your too dense to see through it, then maybe you deserve to be ripped off. Think of it as social Darwinism. Thirdly, spamming. Maybe a one to 2 day ban but definitively nothing permanent. So in response to permaban in general; short anwser: no. Long answer: No, and go fuck yourself. (*Whosoever gets the obvious reference, highfive*)
Farming ruins the game by tipping the scales of the economy and robbing the creators. Scamming can be disguised very cunningly with something as simple as a picture linking to forcing you to buy a product from someone (0megear is the example in that). Spamming shouldn't be an instant permanent ban I don't think so, however if they're just going to abuse the mods generosity of a 2 days ban and repeat their offense then what the fuck is the point in letting them stay? Toribash is a privilege not a right.
Forum Posting Leader of UkeDemon 4th Dan Black Belt
<C0XY> i wrote a artical for the torinews... im proud
<m0om> <O >
* Cevius[Work] has kicked Cevius[Work] from #toribash (<O>==============================O))))))) [BANLAZORED])
<m0om> <O>
Hmmm?

Being the trusting soul that I am I have been scammed once.

That member was banned, I think. But there are creative and available methods to bypass most ban techniques.

Frankly I dun't care in any capacity. I am not voting and I have no opinion. Frankly its just not up to me to decide IMHO.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
No.

Immediate perma-bans for stuff like that will turn us into facepunch.

Temporary bans are not there to remove you from the community, but to teach you a lesson that what you did was wrong. I've seen NUMEROUS spammers be banned for a week then not do it again afterwards, and several farmers the same. Scammers are no different, I assume.

It's the same as being given a warning, only for a far more serious crime.

You're talking about giving the death penalty to someone who stole a loaf of bread. (loaf of bread...boaf. Someone who stole a boaf)

Edited poll to add option that has been left out.
Last edited by Jok; May 14, 2008 at 09:10 AM.
a week ban is worse than it sounds. I have had that before.
If people thought perma bans were necessary back then, I wouldn't be around today! >.<

(perma bans way too harsh)
Yes, but I'd say you'd do a background check before devising an indefinit ban.