Toribash
Original Post
Cloning
So with recent advancements in cloning

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23068423

tl;dr of article = Japan successfully cloned a mouse from 1 drop of blood, lived a lifespan that is expected of a mouse, and was perfectly capable of having kids.

What do you guys think of cloning? How could this impact our day-to-day lives in the future? Organ transplants? Cloning farm animals for more food? What about cloning humans? Ethics? Other thoughts/concerns?
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I think if cloning became an actual thing in our lives there would be clone discrimination,
There would be arguments if they were really actual people, if their life had value etc.,
And if somehow the idea that clones are not people became a normal thing slavery might again be "normal".
50 malnourished black children cooking my dinner, brushing my teeth, making my bed, and selling my drugs would be nice.
It's weird that Japan is more advance than other countries in the world, and I'm surprised how they managed to do that, so what's next? A flying car? it could be possible.
And I would clone myself and let him go do the school work while I just relax at home.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
In war, they will essentially have an infinite amount of soldiers, they just have to make the product and make stasis for living creatures possible or cryogenic chambers before the actual event.

Also, There totally would be discrimination.
Last edited by T0ribush; Jun 28, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
Then the richest people who want kids would be able to clone some of the smartest people or the strongest most famous people just because they have money.

Also much discrimination, as stated.

It would get bad, a clone army is inhumane, but are they really human?

It's just a bad idea, I don't see many areas where clones would be useful as people, other than organ loaners.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
And I would clone myself and let him go do the school work while I just relax at home.

I didn't realize that cloning created someone the same age as you.

Originally Posted by McD0NALDS View Post
Japanese people are SOOOOOOOOOOO advanced though. Its because they move keep moving forward.

... What?

Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
In war, they will essentially have an infinite amount of soldiers, they just have to make the product and make stasis for living creatures possible or cryogenic chambers before the actual event.

"I didn't realize that cloning created someone the same age as you."

Originally Posted by Chaco View Post
Then the richest people who want kids would be able to clone some of the smartest people or the strongest most famous people just because they have money.

I didn't realize that people's genomes were public domain now.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
What I'm saying is, it probably would be.

Us humans like to make profit.

They would eventually start just selling the strongest genes.

At least I think they (or we) would.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well, the issue is that: Even though clones result in another being with the exact same genetic make-up, that's still completely unrelated to what they become later in life. Things such as memories, life decisions, and environmental factors have unbelievably larger impacts on somebody's life than what they look like when born.

A good example I'd like to think of is to imagine that, for some idiotic reason, a group of people want to clone Albert Einstein. They can try all they want, but there's no possible way that they can recreate his entire life, nor could they be sure that he would make the exact same decisions as his counterpart did once before. And so twenty years pass and, instead of ending up with their genius like they'd imagined, they end up with a champion football player. Or a plumber. Or a military officer.

But on a brighter note.
I'm excited to see what cloning can offer the the medical field.
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
I didn't realize that cloning created someone the same age as you.

Just to clarify, people seem to have this misconception about cloning. It's not like you enter a chamber and outside of another chamber comes another exact version of you, same age, same hair, etc. To my best understanding, and maybe someone can help expand/correct me on this, what happens is they take a sample of your DNA then go through the process of making life. In other words, the clone still has to go through the stages of life, fetus, baby, etc. but it should be an exact DNA replica of the clone-e. As to looking and thinking like the clone-e, that would be hard to replicate since part of the way you look/think is how you were raised. I have piercings/tattoos because I grew up on the counter-culture, but maybe my clone will experience a different raising and have different beliefs.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
The idea of warping across space requires a clone. They put you into a chamber, than create an exact replica of you on the other side of the galaxy, Memories, thought and experience intact, but they destroy the original.