ES Recruitment Drive
I say hanz0 cause I am almost certain that he doesn't have a valid reason for banning me

from IRC.
To everyone accusing hanz0 of unjust banning:

Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
So your "evidence" consists of some quotes from people who are angry because they were banned for breaking the rules (Not to mention a few blatantly sarcastic posts).

Don't break the rules, and stop complaining about your punishment.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
The Toribash mods used to be a lot stricter. I could harden this board up a lot if I wanted to, but you need to find the right balance between discipline and fun.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
It is possible to have both at the same time.
I've seen it.

That doesn't simply depend on the moderators. The moderators don't need to be strict if people behave and use boards for their intended purpose. Sometimes it's more entertaining if everyone puts effort into following the rules and contributing to threads, other times it's fun just to have relaxed rules. It also depends on what you consider to be fun.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I feel like I'm actually being very reasonable with the users here. As I said before, I could be a lot stricter. As for your claims that people seem afraid to post, I haven't seen any evidence of that. The users seem happy and that's what maters.
People are happy, rules are upheld. You shouldn't need to cower in fear of having a post deleted if you just follow the rules and use common sense.

not that us local mods can do much about it.

i mean, all we can do is delete posts, closed threads, blah blah blah.

in a way you'd probably prefer us delete your post before an smod gets to it and infracts you.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
Oh for goodness sake! Enough with these stupid "annoying moderator" threads. They're doing their FUCKING JOB!

mfw this guy makes a thread today about power abusing staff.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
mfw this guy makes a thread today about power abusing staff.

Haha +1 rep for noticing that. It made my week.
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Well, this sort of explains it.

Wow hanz0 every single person in the world is going to look at you in a jaded, sickened way because of that.

And MintCat totaly had the right to post his thread.

Infact, he should get honorary vip for bringing it to our attention.

no but seriously, that does explain it. :P
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
minicat is a pretty cool guy i think he states some pretty solid reasons.

Thanks for the comment Lume.

@£Zayex ; I said in my thread that I "used" to stick up for the moderators. That is one of my comments from way back. Anyway I don't want are fallings out over my thread explaining how I think it isn't right to ban people without a valid/solid purpose.
Can we just get along and leave it at that.

@hanz0 ; Okay, you were one of the moderators I was talking about. You and other people were pushing me to state a name and I have. Are you happy? I don't agree with what you do on the Forums. You close threads for the hell of it, you ban people for the hell of it and you have this way of thinking you can do whatever the hell you want.
That ain't right... and I don't need any evidence for this because the evidence is all around you! Tume's comment at the top, have you seen it? Look at it.
Last edited by MintCat; Sep 16, 2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: mm..