Toribash
Original Post
Make makes this subforum different to wibbles?
If you take a quick look at the threads, it looks EXACTLY like old wibbles (before the mods decided that wibbles would be bandwagon/game threads only).

Looking right now we have,
"what song would be in YOUR video?" <-question thread example 1
"whos your fav staff member?" <- I remember this thread from wibbles, it had a poll that had >9000 votes in it!
"boy or girl?" <- I remember this thread from wibbles.
"how old are you?" <- I remember this thread from wibbles.
"ban question" <- this belongs in rapid threads!
"can you decipher this?" <- I remember Pedant/Ryan and others doing codes in wibbles.
"Lucid dreaming" <- Wibbles <3ed lucid dreaming! Actually the first time we had a lucid thread in this forum was in wibbles...
"1000TC vs 100qi" <- another question thread
"woah, wibbles is back?!" <- wibbles contained much meta discussion!

etc etc

So apart from the rule "this is not wibbles", what actually makes this different from wibbles?

Serious posts only please!
Keep in mind this is wibbles so shit posts aren't tollerated! <- lol joking, just looking around makes me see they are! Yet another similarity...
we had a lot of shark threads in wibbles... ducks are just feathery sharks that float and can fly and are birds....
the duck thread should be the only thread that isn't deleted.
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
A lot less threads about dicks, for one.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
It started off as off topic, but then turned into a wibbles with rules.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by Gormen
So apart from the rule "this is not wibbles", what actually makes this different from wibbles?

uhh, a ton of shit makes this different from wibbles.

first off, i don't see why you are comparing off-topic to wibbles. off-topic is actually a looser version of the discussion board, with broader topics and a 'funner', less serious environment than discussion.

second, wibbles was spam. off-topic is not spam. off-topic is for threads that generally wouldnt fit anywhere else; things that you would talk about on a daily basis at school/work/whatever.

the rule 'this is not wibbles' is probably because of a misleading name. the words 'off-topic' would probably make you think this is a spammy, and therefore wibbly, board. but it's not.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
It started off as off topic, but then turned into a wibbles with rules.

But wibbles had rules...

Originally Posted by box View Post
uhh, a ton of shit makes this different from wibbles.

first off, i don't see why you are comparing off-topic to wibbles. off-topic is actually a looser version of the discussion board, with broader topics and a 'funner', less serious environment than discussion.

second, wibbles was spam. off-topic is not spam. off-topic is for threads that generally wouldnt fit anywhere else; things that you would talk about on a daily basis at school/work/whatever.

the rule 'this is not wibbles' is probably because of a misleading name. the words 'off-topic' would probably make you think this is a spammy, and therefore wibbly, board. but it's not.

Wibbles was a looser version of discussion...

Off-topic seems to be mainly spam, as much as wibbles was. It is just that for some reason people look at offtopic and say "these posts are legit" when clearly they are not any more legit than wibbles posts... funnily the reason that you described "off-topic is for threads that generally wouldnt fit anywhere else; things that you would talk about on a daily basis at school/work/whatever." is the exact description for old wibbles. For example NoBuddie made a daily blog there, etc

ITT: People who were active in wibbles find OT similar to wibbbles. People who were not active in wibbles think OT is entirely different...
@ box 'funner' isn't a word 'more fun' is correct.

anyways, i agree. this looks a shit-ton like wibbles. It used to be pure and all was good. but since wibbles died people needed a place to 'do shit' and so they made off-topic their home. For everyone 1 quality thread there is 10 wibblish threads. Tbh, the wibble board for TP/VIP users is useless since only 1/5 of the people can see it. so its basically dead there. Off-topic to me is just a wibbles with rules that aren't very enforced.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...