Toribash
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
It took the council 4 damn months to provide arguments, and if you ask me it could just as well have taken 4 months to construct them meaning you did not have grounds, for the actions in January. You only seem to answer questions when you can avoid them no further, and you ask why people are upset on due of your actions, or and just as often, lack of thereof?

All the community asks for, is the ground for your actions, or grounds for not taking action, and we don't want it almost half a year after we ask for them.

But then how would council members feel like super, sneaky, secret agents?

Anyway... the problem is that they don't really care about whether people are happy with their final decision or not. The current system is that you are not eligible to change the overall decision unless you are approved for the clan council or clan mod by whoever judges such things, therefore scrubs like us don't get to influence this stuff. Now this doesn't mean you can't feasibly hear some of the non confidential rational behind their decisions once discussions on them have finished, but this raises other questions. Why would you care about knowing about things unless your view on it actually mattered? On one hand sure you might be reassured about some decisions and be happier for learning about it earlier, but on the other hand you might be told about an imminent decision which you can't change in any way and disagree with but are powerless to stop, for me the explanations given in this thread are more worrying that reassuring tbh, but luckily for me I don't really care especially about clans like RAWR or clans at all (I don't know much clan history), I feel bad about not caring and I really feel bad for the members whom seem loveable as fuck or are just amazing people. I would be happier not knowing that this was always supposed to be happening but previously people were just too lazy to do it properly. Do you really expect the whole community to agree with the councils reasonings on everything? Do you really expect those who disagree to just be quiet about it?

Now if your issues with the system are actually deeper than that and you think that you and the wider community as a whole should have a say in the decision process then we can talk about that later, there are a reasonable balance of upsides and downsides for decisions which can be public (not the activity check equation or anything like that... durr...) being decided by the public. Just looking at the workload for staff from each system I think they might be pretty balanced since organisation and moderation of democratic decisions would be a nightmare and polling could probably be aboozable af.

I think I went into too much detail on this one but this is one of the most juicy discussions I have seen in a while (since it requires little research to contribute and is kinda emotive).
Good morning sweet princess
I think I went into too much detail on this one but this is one of the most juicy discussions I have seen in a while (since it requires little research to contribute and is kinda emotive).

It is this exact mindset that isn't helping. This discussion has been hampered from the beginning by people who aren't interested in listening, but in talking. There's evidence of it in almost every single post - people think that the subject matter is an onion with one layer, though if they did a little reading they would find a) their questions have been answered b) their assertions about the system are wrong c) their assertions about why we do activity checks are wrong. All of these things have been gone over time and time again and yet we still have users blindly attacking whatever they can because they're too lazy to take the time to do their research. There's nothing we can do for those people except for let them believe they're right and call it a day.
collect snots from the nose
It took the council 4 damn months to provide arguments, and if you ask me it could just as well have taken 4 months to construct them meaning you did not have grounds, for the actions in January. You only seem to answer questions when you can avoid them no further, and you ask why people are upset on due of your actions, or and just as often, lack of thereof?

All the community asks for, is the ground for your actions, or grounds for not taking action, and we don't want it almost half a year after we ask for them.

They could've just read the Clan rules sticky, because y'know, it exists

Clans have always been removed for inactivity, it's been a standard part of them from the beginning, so what's to explain?

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I'm too freakin' lazy to go through 11 pages so I'll just give a random opinion :

Removing inactive clans and organizations make sense to me, it's not sound for a game to have "dead clans" sitting on top, at the sight of everyone. I don't think we want Toribash to give the impression of being a "dead" game with its glory days behind.
Removing old inactive clans will force the members who are still active in Toribash to make new clans or org and therefore inject some "life" around the game, new opportunities to socialize and have some interactions with the community etc...

It sure is sad to see some cool clans go, but it would be a shame if it drives old players away from the game, that's not a legit reason to quit imo ; Toribash is still a great game even if you don't have an "historical" tag to show in front of your name, and you can still PM or make a social group to keep in touch with the members.

Maybe they'd deserve some "Clan Hall Of Fame" or something for posterity, with the names of the players who were in those clans etc...

Also, maybe a way to revive a clan which has been removed if there are enough former members making some kind of group request to the Clan council or somethin' ? Communities like comebacks of old timers in general.

Edit : Altho' I'm pretty sure RAWR wasn't that inactive and didn't deserve a removal.
Last edited by deprav; Apr 23, 2015 at 02:05 AM.
Originally Posted by deprav View Post
It sure is sad to see some cool clans go, but it would be a shame if it drives old players away from the game, that's not a legit reason to quit imo ; Toribash is still a great game even if you don't have an "historical" tag to show in front of your name, and you can still PM or make a social group to keep in touch with the members.

Maybe they'd deserve some "Clan Hall Of Fame" or something for posterity, with the names of the players who were in those clans etc...

Already on the table:
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
And OFC now we've got the matter of sorting out a way of legending clans, which despite what people seem to think is coming along quite nicely given the short amount of time it's been given. The butcher aint all about killing. ;)

Also, maybe a way to revive a clan which has been removed if there are enough former members making some kind of group request to the Clan council or somethin' ? Communities like comebacks of old timers in general.

Already exists:
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Reviving a Dead Clan.

If you wish to revive a clan that is dead you must have the following:

1. At least three former members of the clan.
  2. The prerequisites for starting a clan again completely, from unofficial onwards.

All clans that are being revived must go back through the clan system again the same way a new clan applying would. However, it will be noted that the clan had once passed the test and this will be in the consideration of the council when making their vote.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&

Clans have always been removed for inactivity, it's been a standard part of them from the beginning, so what's to explain?

He only wants justifications, and although I personally don't think you really need to explain yourself or your actions, (in my eyes in a system *like this authority is justification) I can see how the simple justification of "this is an old rule" doesn't really make sense, the fact that the rule wasn't enforced properly for so long without anyone really caring too much really isn't something you should boast as a reason the rule being enforced now. And I know there is a collection of other justifications which have already been mentioned here so fair enough I guess... Just saying...

And yeah as I'm sure you realise the clan rules and guidelines thread doesn't give any very obvious justifications of its actions (as far as I can tell). Although I can see why people asking for it on pending removal threads is a lot less convenient than just going and asking on the clan guidelines thread. Just saying that Smogard isn't as wrong as he might appear.
Good morning sweet princess
/me claps

This guys gets it and didn't even read the thread!

There sorta is and isn't ATM... If you look at the clan list (not the board, but the clan system list) you can set it to show dead clans via the list filter. From that you can also get to their old board.
That list isn't 100% complete though since a lot were killed before the current system. Also you'll only find members lists if they had a thread with it in.

You can however see the rest of the dead clan boards if you want to have a dig about, there's a lot to see.

We've planning on it easier to get to since there's no direct link to it, and people seem to have an interest in it now - just as it stands it'd be an eyesore with all the subforums listed under the board. We'll sort something.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Apr 23, 2015 at 02:17 AM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you

Judging my the date of those separate threads started by Gynx all I can see is a updated sticky after some major rules-update judging by the needs of a new thread. Also it were posted more than 100 hours after Jr were made aware of the CCs decision. As such it still does not strike me as unlikely that I, aswell as missuse, and surely other concerned parties, who spent hours looking for that information several hours prior to it being made public. I have yet to see why a decision where made prior to the grounds of it being posted. (In this case the new take on clan inactivity.)

Also, as far as I remember, No announcement of these changes were made to the respective maintainers of clans at this point, may I ask why? May I right-out ask if this were in an ill attempt to backstab those who do not tend to revisit stickies containing forum rules without being notified of such changes?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Judging my the date of those separate threads started by Gynx all I can see is a updated sticky after some major rules-update judging by the needs of a new thread. Also it were posted more than 100 hours after Jr were made aware of the CCs decision. As such it still does not strike me as unlikely that I, aswell as missuse, and surely other concerned parties, who spent hours looking for that information several hours prior to it being made public. I have yet to see why a decision where made prior to the grounds of it being posted. (In this case the new take on clan inactivity.)

Also, as far as I remember, No announcement of these changes were made to the respective maintainers of clans at this point, may I ask why? May I right-out ask if this were in an ill attempt to backstab those who do not tend to revisit stickies containing forum rules without being notified of such changes?

Clan activity checks have always been a thing. Prior to Gynx they were done in an essentially pointless way, but checking clan activity has always been a CM duty and there was literally never any reason for you to not expect to have your activity checked.

Based on that the only conclusion I'm able to draw is that you're upset that JR wasn't warned that CMs would be checking activity (as, I repeat, they've always done) and received a completely consequence-free warning which served the purpose of notifying them of exactly that, explaining the reasoning behind the changed style of activity checks, giving basic information on how activity was measured, and even made suggestions for how to avoid receiving the second notice. And you're also trying to spin it as some idiotic nonsense about backstabbing or some such bullshit, which I'm not even going to address further on account of it's idiotic nonsense.
Last edited by hanz0; Apr 23, 2015 at 03:52 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Clan activity checks have always been a thing. Prior to Gynx they were done in an essentially pointless way, but checking clan activity has always been a CM duty and there was literally never any reason for you to not expect to have your activity checked.

Based on that the only conclusion I'm able to draw is that you're upset that JR wasn't warned that CMs would be checking activity (as, I repeat, they've always done) and received a completely consequence-free warning which served the purpose of notifying them of exactly that, explaining the reasoning behind the changed style of activity checks, giving basic information on how activity was measured, and even made suggestions for how to avoid receiving the second notice. And you're also trying to spin it as some idiotic nonsense about backstabbing or some such bullshit, which I'm not even going to address further on account of it's idiotic nonsense.

Not to mention that the information about the change in activity checks wasn't just brought to the fore with the revised rules. The old rules were updated with a notification about the change of activity checks exactly around the time we started doing them (and JR didn't fail until the 2nd cycle).

EDIT: For reference, this was before I became Clan Admin.
Last edited by Gynx; Apr 23, 2015 at 03:57 AM.
collect snots from the nose