Toribash
Original Post
[TEX] "Dystopian infantry-IV" head texture
This is the current state of a new texture-in-the-making.
It has been created in Photoshop, exclusively with pentooling.

*Update*
This texture is up for sale right now. Click here to join the auction.

WIP_01

WIP_02

WIP_03

WIP_04

WIP_05

finished texture

Last edited by AHD; Nov 11, 2015 at 08:15 PM.
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
I don't really know what to say... it's absolutely gorgeous. Mapping is fantastic, design is smooth as hell, glow is unbelieveably good looking.

Props to you.
|Opener by Xioi|#KillTheScootCork|
|Replays|
"Cool delfin med solglajjor" -Larfen
(good) Shit like this makes me pissed off that I suck at making TC, lol. Would have loved to buy this. Design is sleek, I love the trance-y colors used.
I gots to say its great.

But...

The thing you did with the top of the head Im not liking so much, a lil odd, maybe make it more simple
Now that Veoo mentions it, I do think the top is a little odd. Maybe add some more up there where there's the empty space, maybe change the shape a little..
Always love how smooth and dark your head textures are. I actually like the top of the head as it is, maybe you could make it glow or something - like an inner flare(?) Hope you'll be adding more colours on the side/back.

At this point, it looks like a robot with many light emitting switches
Wow! Would love to buy this. Will it be on sale anytime soon?
I am just an icon livin'
V2:
added tubes
added energystorage (to be edited soon)
removed part of the glow from the eye

Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I don't really know what to say... it's absolutely gorgeous. Mapping is fantastic, design is smooth as hell, glow is unbelieveably good looking.

Props to you.

Thank you very much for the nice words.

Originally Posted by Gbleek View Post
(good) Shit like this makes me pissed off that I suck at making TC, lol. Would have loved to buy this. Design is sleek, I love the trance-y colors used.

Thanks!
When I sell this head, the buyer will get each texture from the above WIP's
on top of the finished texture. He or she might even sell them to you for a lower price than the whole thing. ;)

Originally Posted by Bad80 View Post
Good color selection
Keep it going :3

Will do.

Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
I gots to say its great.

But...

The thing you did with the top of the head Im not liking so much, a lil odd, maybe make it more simple

I'll try to map that part out a bit wider so it does not get these "waves".
Might combine the two antlers into one again...

Originally Posted by Gbleek View Post
Now that Veoo mentions it, I do think the top is a little odd. Maybe add some more up there where there's the empty space, maybe change the shape a little..

Yeah, I'll make some room where the texture looks "wavey" and try to fix that part.

Originally Posted by iAwesome View Post
Always love how smooth and dark your head textures are. I actually like the top of the head as it is, maybe you could make it glow or something - like an inner flare(?) Hope you'll be adding more colours on the side/back.

At this point, it looks like a robot with many light emitting switches

He'll eventually have some glassy parts where you see his glowing core colours.

Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Wow! Would love to buy this. Will it be on sale anytime soon?

Originally Posted by SwanSongs View Post
I'd also be interested if this came up for sale.

It will be on sale as soon as I see this texture as done.
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''