Ranking
Originally Posted by Pric View Post
Watch there is a fish that holds the cure for cancer
On a more serious note. Why did it take so long to find one of the largest lakes in the world?

Because it's somewhere where nobody ever comes and it's hidden below 4000 meters of ice?
Thanks for the Avatar, MrAakash
What made use decide to search some thing that is buried 4000 meters of ice.
Also it's some where no one goes so this is kind of confusing.
Well humanity have been searching for new mystery's each year. So far Lake Vostok is one of the biggest discovery that they could have ever find but I might be wrong.
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
What is so good about this lake. Yes, it's a big lake but what makes it different from any other lake?
The fact that it's been frozen for a pretty long time now, iirc.

Which means there's stuff under there that's all old and special.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Ah yes. I believe "Deception Point" by Dan Brown has a topic very similar to this. Very exciting.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Originally Posted by EpikTh0rn View Post
The fact that it's been frozen for a pretty long time now, iirc.

Which means there's stuff under there that's all old and special.

Why don't we send a probe? Or something to see if there is anything or if the life living there can withstand the climate change. Cause with the ice on top would it not be really cold?
I have no idea, I don't even read anything about the lake. Probably to not disturb the amazingness of what's going on in there or something.

Or maybe the ice is too thick.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Originally Posted by Normin View Post
Why don't we send a probe? Or something to see if there is anything or if the life living there can withstand the climate change. Cause with the ice on top would it not be really cold?

The ice is 4000 meters thick, so its a lot of drilling, and they don't want to contaminate the lake which could kill whatever is down there.

They are sending a probe.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Well, let's hope the Earth isn't trolling us and there actually isn't ANYTHING living down there :/