Ranking
You can use in-game command to use all the letters you see and turn it into an opener(c/p into movememory wont work cause it uses bunch of 1 and 0 iirc)

Also 293 pages here
Why would humans have arms when they do have legs?
only 217 pages since 2015. I am a little disappointed in myself. Always concidered myself a guy who excusively does random openers. Btw why does mine start at 2015?
evil Führer of Evil
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
Lol kirito you misrecorded mine, it's 16 total openers not 16 pages lmaaaooooo. 2 pages

yeah u misread it, the numbers are in openers not pages, i had wanted ppl to say the pages n i calc the openers to make it easy on everyone but ppl just started doing it themselves, so im just guessing if its pages or openers sometimes

if i did misrecord anyone post lmk so i can fix it, the stats are updated to the actual openers not the pages
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 18, 2024 at 12:48 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Zwar View Post
You can use in-game command to use all the letters you see and turn it into an opener(c/p into movememory wont work cause it uses bunch of 1 and 0 iirc)

No such command exists in the help command or the dozens of commands threads on the forums.
/opener 0|1 only shows the opener of Tori|Uke in the same format. I've converted my opener manually, it's a judofrac opener.

Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
seems like the earliest the openers go is 2013

You haven't bothered clicking my first post's "opener" link to see that it dates back to the 29th of November 2012. Thanks to this sentence of yours, curiosity peaked while I was getting coffee about the earliest openers - here are some of my findings.

The "early 2013" idea carries some water at first glance, but not too much. It lines up to Toribash 4.3's date of release, 2nd of January 2013, which is the official release of the opener stats feature, but this feature was referenced and has been active before it by two months. Hampa posted a thread dedicated to Toribash 4.3 suggestions on the 5th of November 2012, mentioning in-game opener stats as a feature on his todo list. This was later implemented into Toribash 4.3 beta 4, which was posted on the 24th of December 2012. One can approximate that openers started getting cached somewhere between the 5th and the 19th as Hampa's earliest opener, ID 9, landed on the 19th of November 2012.

Sparta, a non-staff player who played the beta and commented in its thread, has the opener ID of 33, which was cached on the 21st of November at 04:28:05. Seeing as Sparta's ID was relatively low and was cached two days after Hampa's ID 9, it's safe to assume the feature must have been enabled for a brief time prior to the beta announcement; Sparta's IDs show that at least 73 openers were cached within 4 hours [Sparta's first opener ID, 33, was cached at 04:28:05, and second opener ID, 106, was cached on 08:14:13], whereas a minimum of 24 openers needed to be cached during the two days - testing or after beta thread announcement - to allow for the 9-33 ID gap before Sparta's first opener. If all openers between 0 and 33 were found, it would give a more clear image of the feature's timeline and answer whether there was a testing phase at all.

The problem with finding players with low opener ID is compounded when factoring in the erased accounts marked as "Guest" in the threads, like MrRobson[Cached by Wayback Machine, the internet never forgets], which opens the chance that low IDs have been lost forever. Although, this is an extreme case, as the following has to line up for this to happen:-
A) Four matches started after the caching feature went live. [Opener IDs between 1-8 OR 0-8 generate, 8 openers/2 players = 4 matches]
B) Hampa was 4th in queue, waiting without using /nudge or /fuke.
C) Players who played the four matches got nuked or requested account deletion.
The more likely theory is that the low IDs belong to either playtesters, ex-staff or lucky players who were playing around the time the feature went live.

Someone, somewhere, has the opener ID 1 [or ID 0] and does not know about it. Someone who was playing the moment Hampa tried out the opener stats feature on multiplayer. I've checked dozens of accounts on this thread, past developers, staff, famous threads in 2012-2013, popular names, and duelers - no one else had low ID openers.

Now that my coffee's done, it's 10:54 AM, sleep time. Go hunt low ID openers or something idk I'm not Icky.

Edit: also, 1,685
Last edited by Nokia; Jan 18, 2024 at 08:58 AM.