Toribash
Original Post
[REL] Spacefixer - Tired of losing replays because you pressed space accidentally?
Hey there, I've been working on this script for 3 or so days and I think it's good enough to be released.

What is spacefixer?

Spacefixer is a script that will stop the engine and ask if you want to start a new game or not after pressing space after editing a replay.
This is very useful because me and alot of other people I know lost replays because the game automatically started a new game after they accidentaly spaced.

The game will create a textbox like this after you press space:

You can either start a new match, or you can keep viewing the one that is currently loaded, and that can be easily edited with "E".

Simple as that.

How do I get spacefixer?

The simplest way is to download the spacefixer.lua attachment at the end of this post, place it on the scripts folder (C:/Games/Toribash-x.xx/data/scripts) and load it everytime you start up tb/you start a replay/etc.

After doing this, you can set it up to autorun if you're running DeScript on a version lower than 3.91 (Check the next paragraph for DeScript's 3.91 fix). Just open toribash, mousewheel-click or press "C" with the mouse over the red box, add "spacefixer.lua" (no quotes) to DeScript's addon box and it should now load when you start tb.
You can get DeScript from here.

It's very easy to get DeScript's fix for 3.91, too.
Download the zip at the end of this post.
Then, download DeScript from here and place it on your scripts folder.
After, replace DeScript.lua with the one in the zip at the end of this post.
After that, get profile.tbs from the zip at the end of this post and place it in toribash's root directory (C:/Games/Toribash-x.xx).
DeScript should now work for 3.91, and you can use the same method from the paragraph above to add spacefixer.lua to the autorun.

Changelog:
27 May, 2011 - version 1.0 - Initial release.
28 May, 2011 - version 1.1 - Disabled script in multiplayer.

And I think it's all, have fun with this script!
Attached Files
DeScript for 3.91.rar (14.8 KB, 60 views)
spacefixer.lua (2.3 KB, 106 views)
Last edited by Yoyo; Jun 16, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
Nice work.
;)
This should keep replay-makers from losing their precious work, and spam off the support/beginner sanctuary board.
BAD LUCK
That is pretty fucking amazing

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
one of the most useful scripts in my opinion

also i didnt know descript was bugged in 3.91 (since i use 3.9) but i bet people will apreciate it ^^

nice job on the script!
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
I've been waiting for something like this,
nice job yoyo ;o
So helpful.
what am i doing here
Thank you, Yoyo.
This is, as everyone else said, quite awesome.

Just one question:
Originally Posted by Yoyo View Post
Spacefixer is a script that will stop the engine and ask if you want to start a new game or not after pressing space after editing a replay.

Does this mean that if we just start the replay, and play to the end (a.k.a. not editing it with "r" and "e" over and over) the box won't pop up?
Supahninja: Yeah, it only asks after editing a replay.
I don't think it's necessary because you won't lose anything.

Dinis: Yeah, love you too =D
multiple texture uploader! updated: multiple texture remover!
updated pretty colorlist!

<BobJoelZ> ok ive just rebooted my pc and ive tried to activate my reflex on yahoo internet explorer :/ no luck

<Aracoon> I do not enjoy having anal sex with multiple men
This seems like it will be a huge help. I hate working on replays for a long time and then it just gets deleted.

brb downloading.
Hmm pretty interesting. This will come in handy for many people.
Nice work
|FAQ|[re]|Programmer|
I'm back :)