ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[SOLVED] help me with transparent textures.
im trying to make a transparent texture but does not work... transparent area shown in white / black color and i tryed all kind of formats (png ,gif,jpg,bmp)

still working transparent textures ? or maybe im doing something wrong .
I believe transparency only works with shaders off now, but I'm not 100% sure. Somebody who works on textures more often would have to confirm this.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
It's hard to understand your post.

Transparent textures aren't a color like black an white. What program are you using? Look online for "how to use alpha channels <program>"
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
It works only with low graphics settings, try to go in option and set it to minimum or low, i dont remember exactly. With higher graphics you will see only a black area.
------
Yes, shaders. I never made experiments with those options, low graphics disable shaders too. If you made correctly the alpha channel, it should work.
Last edited by JtanK; Feb 17, 2015 at 02:52 AM. Reason: merged post
I forgot who was the topic creator, my bad. Anyways, have you ever had the textures working transparently? If not then it's a shaded problem or your alpha channel is not an alpha channel. Transparent is t a color.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I find it easiest to use GIMP to make transparent textures, you go to the "Layer" drop down menu, then "Transparency" drop down from there. Then you clikc "Add Alpha Channel". When you delete colors form your drawing, you should see black and grey checkerboard, tiles. This is transparency.

if only works with low graphics, no good, the idea is to be visible to everyone . . . so tanks for the information toribashians.