ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Ingame] Shaders turned off
While I've been constantly checking the forums, I only ever check my clan forum, so if this is some big news somewhere, I do appologise.

So yeah, I kinda forgot about playing the actual game for a bit, so after about a month, I run toribash again and the shaders aren't on anymore. I find this strange, so I turn it back on through Options, but it automatically ticks off the shaders button when I go back into Options. I've had shaders run fine all this time, just to remind you. So I decide to download 3.86, and now the shaders won't turn on and the framerate is very slow. I haven't done anything at all to the performance of the PC, nor I have used up much memory space.
So, you used the old version, and the shaders turned off. Then you switched to 3.86, and the shaders turned off.

It might have been because of your graphics card, maybe something happened to it.

Does anything else happen on any other games? I don't know, maybe the resolutions mess up on your games, are your graphic settings are tuned down on games?
If it automatically turns off shaders it means your computer can't run them. Make sure you have the newest drivers. Also, in the newer updates the requirements for shaders has increased.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
What version were you using before this?

Vox sucks
[10:14]<siku> magnificent sparkling vampire
[10:14]<siku> i love you edward

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

Then get back to 3.8 see if that works.

If it does then it's probably because the 3.86 shader engine is a little bit more slow then usual.

Vox sucks

Official minibash tester. Please email [email protected] if you have found a bug!

I smell an ATI user...

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I have a mac, and the same thing happened to me. I just lost shaders. Then, I downloaded 3.86, and they worked again. I don't know if this helps, but it could be useful.
Well macs had the problem with 3.81 and up until 3.86.

Also Skulfuk might be right, and you might use an ati gfx card which has, well, poor driver support.

What's your video card?

Vox sucks