Toribash
Original Post
Toribash does not start
Hi all,

I am having a problem with the game - I am unable to start it up. When I double click on the shortcut on my Desktop, a window with nothing in it (just the desktop behind it is shown) appears.

The window appears every time I start Toribash, but this time it disappears and nothing happens. However, there is still a process running in the Task Manager called Toribash that takes up something around 22K of memory. I have to manually end the process because it just stays there if I don't.

I have found that if I uninstall the game completely and manually delete any remaining files, and then install it again, the game runs okay... but only once. If I close it and then open it again, it doesn't open properly.

It has been doing this since last night, but I didn't do anything (to my knowledge) to provoke this.

For the record, my PC's basics are:

AMD Athlon XP 1.15GHz processor,
512MB RAM
ABIT RADEON 9600XT-VIO 256MB
Creative Live!SB Soundcard

Any help is welcome

Regards, Artemis

Oh, and i have tried opening it from the actual .exe file instead of the shortcut, but no difference.
Thanks Artemis for letting us know.
What version of Windows are you using ?

2 things I'll ask you to do to help me help you solve this:

When you run Toribash the 2nd time and it doesn't start, before closing it:
There's a stderr.txt file in the Toribash folder.
Can you please send it to us ? (You can PM it to me or post it here, it doesn't contain any information about your computer, just error messages)

Another thing, just to verify you don't have a virus or something of the kind:
After you install Toribash, BEFORE running it, write down the Toribash.exe file modification date, time and size (Not the size the file takes on disk, but the actual file size - you know where to see the differences ? Its in the file's properties)
Repeat this after running Toribash in the second time.
Even if its the same, could you post this info here ? I'll verify it with the executable properties in the installer.

Thanks.
Odd, my game is running fine now after reinstalling it :?

But, before I uninstalled it, I opened the stderr.txt file. There was only one line about 8 words long and it said something about a parachute? Sorry, I'm not renowned for my memory...

Thanks anyway, I'll be sure to contact you if it happens again.

Regards
Artemis
Last edited by Artemis; Jul 16, 2007 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Total Re-write
the dreaded parachute error...
many fought it,few survived...
no,really.
i can name em
DeadorK, ME ,bunches of one-post-noobs( =/ ) and well,almost ALL PEOPLE.