Toribash
Original Post
Putting Power Into Your Moves
Hi, this is razorsharp telling you exactly how to put power into you're moves , after reading this you will most likely be able to make you're moves stronger.

Power # 1, Ankles
If you are looking for a strong jump kick, ankles are the way to go, by extending you're ankles you can make a small hop, but my doing a jump kick like hampa's which is hold left ankle, relax right glute,relax right knee, extend right ankle, raise right arm, relax left shoulder, the red being about 1/6th of the power.
Power # 2, Arms and Chest
If you are looking for a good spin or back kick, you would need to be using you're chest joint and pec joint's as well, with the arms cooperatiing with the flow of the chest, you're speed will increase usually by about 16 on the speed meter. (The speed meter is activated by typing /sm 1) But do not always rely on speed, by jerking back and forth too fast, you may even break you're own body parts, Whip Lash moves will be explained later in the tutorial.
By moving only you're chest without you're arms is slow.By moving you're chest and relaxing you're arms is a bit faster because you're arms are catching you're chest flow more, by moving the chest and then moving you're arms in the same motion, either left or right, you can put almost twice as much power into a punch, or for even a good upper cut.
Power # 3, Glutes, Whip Lash, and hip strenths
This is a very important part of fighting, the glutes, glutes are very important to spin kicks, whip lash kicks, momentum charged kicks, and just even normal kicks, by contracting a glute, you're kicks will be more accurate and straight, but while contracting it is almost impossible to do a whip lash move, a whip lash move is a momentumcharged kick, but the momentum does notcome from the potential energy on an item (Potential energy is energy with the power to push and pull, like pushing off a wall or floor) whip lash moves are commonly used even if you dont notice it, a whip lash move is a move that swings back and forth, creating you're own kinetic energy, because while in the air or just before a swing the potential energy is held.Hip strenth is very important because a player must keep balance in order not to dq, and also for kicking harder than usual, hips also hold a potential energy, of which is the easiest to use, by throing you're self into one direction, then reversing the joints in order to make a whip lash kick.
Power # 4, Momentum
This power is the MOST important part to fighting in mods like wushu and judo, where in order to fight, you need to be faster with more kinetic, momentum, and potential energy that the other player, in wushu the first to hit you'd think pretty much has the game, well that my friend, is wrong, you need to also be good at controlling momentum, momentum comes from potential energy from the ground, by pushing off of it like a whip lash kick, by controlling you're momentum, i mean being able to say "Hey, i wanna get that guy" and then being right next to him in less than 50 frames.It's the power to create kinetic energy and use it for you're speed and accuracy, you will see what i mean in my replays i post, i hope i helped you, thank you for reading, if there are any questions, just post away, im free for another few hours or so.
Note: these some replays are pretty old, so theres probably more than 1 tag, or none.
Attached Files
.COMBACK MANIA.rpl (73.8 KB, 125 views)
. No Power Punch (hold).rpl (5.6 KB, 113 views)
. Momentum-Charged Punch.rpl (21.9 KB, 140 views)
. Low Power Punch (hold).rpl (5.6 KB, 67 views)
.50k Running Neck Break.rpl (49.4 KB, 120 views)
. Decent Power Punch.rpl (5.6 KB, 96 views)
.How To Side Kick.rpl (13.8 KB, 92 views)
.How To Side Kick Harder.rpl (8.3 KB, 113 views)
Last edited by Toast; Jul 29, 2009 at 10:24 PM.
This is actually pretty helpfull allthough it make'sme feel dumb thanks mate this should probably help me out... i think... >.<
Always happy to help, anything else?

It's nice to see the 100 mark of views, but please post here for any questions or comments, dont be shy!
Last edited by Toast; Aug 1, 2009 at 06:03 AM.
Most boompunches I saw start with a contracted knees fall down and then launch yourself at Uke by extending a knee. For the easiest boomhit you have to hit exactly between the pecs.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube