Toribash
View Poll Results: Photoshop cs3 or cs4?
cs3
3 Votes / 37.50%
cs4
5 Votes / 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Photoshop cs3 or cs4?
i personally prefer cs3. dont really know why, it just fells better. what do you think?
Swedish Viking
cs4, because they have improved it without ruining it at all. Lot easier with the menues and 3d painting.

Im sure everyone would like cs4 better if they took some time to get used to it.
Ah man! cs4 for me, no doubt! I didn't like it at first, but got used to it. Then my computer broke down and I had to work on cs3.. God I missed cs4. Its faster to load, smoother background running than cs3 and many "hidden" fuctions you dont think about until they're gone also if you're a multi adobe user like me, you'll find that programs like illustrator, flash and photoshop works much better together in cs4 than cs3. This is ofc just my opinion =D And one more thing, the 3d effects added in cs4 are very helpfull when making heads in TB;)
MOTIVATIONAL POSTERS
Useless. As if a fat office drone like you is going to climb a mountain.
I use photoshop on a daily basis... I own CS3 for my personal computer, and I have/use CS4 at work and school... and I prefer cs3 hands down to cs4. cs4 honestly did not change very many things beyond renaming and some layout features. It may have some shiny 3d related tools and features, but in all honesty, I have NEVER had the need to use them (And I'm serious when I say I use PS every single day for school and work).

I prefer CS3 mostly for layout and simplicity. CS2 you get handicapped a few tools, which is why I upgraded to CS3. CS4, imo, is just more unnecessary frills.

Also, I should note that I've actually PAID for my Adobe software. If you're just going to be a fucking leech, get CS4. But, if you're looking to be cost effective, CS3 will deliver all the power and features that you will most likely ever need for a reduced cost and (in my experience) reduced toll on your computer.
i paid for cs4. hassle though cause now all my automation scripts have to be reworked from cs3.

although i'm kinda liking the current roadwork for cs5. integrated/unified sdk would mean that interface elements, api, scripting would flow along all the programs of cs5 as opposed to having different ones for each app.

if youre on a production environment though, cs3 would be a better choice, that is until cs5.
from what i heard i should probably try cs4, tested it a few times but i didnt like it. better get used to it
Swedish Viking