Toribash
Original Post
Ok recently I have noticed that quite alot of avatars on this forum are excessively large in filesize. Most of you may not really think much of this because you have your highspeed internet at hand, so long download times don't affect you, yet 56k users have obviously been left out of the picture. The only avatar size limit is 100x100 resolution, and nothing else, someone could have a 5 megabyte avatar if they wanted.

You could tell me to one of the following things:
1. Gtfo, if you don't have highspeed internet, you are stuck in 1998.(not affordable)
2. Just stop loading the page. (That won't work, for then the quick reply hasn't loaded)
3. Disable avatars in CP settings. (I use avatars to quickly recognize users, a land without avatars would be boring)

Not to be a nag, but it would be nice if this forum was somewhat 56k friendly, or if users payed attention the filesize of their fancy .gifs. A 35kb to 85kb limit would be nice. Look at my avatar for example, despite it's large number of frames, I was still able to optimize it to a low 23kb.
Last edited by RabidClone; Nov 28, 2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added a example picture.