Ranking
Original Post
What is Wealth?
You know that guy with the huge mansion, the 3 luxury cars, and the home theater? MAN, is he wealthy... or is he?

How do you measure wealth? Do you measure it by materialistic values or by family values and virtues? Do you measure it by how much cash you have in the bank or by the knowledge in your brain? Do you think that it cannot be measured because there is too much to take into account?
beep
the quantification of power you have to make other people do for or give to you what you want.

He who has the gold makes the rules.

Why does gold have power over man? because man perceives gold has value and desires gold. this makes gold powerful over man, to make men do *anything* to get more of it, because they know that with it, they can make men do anything they want.
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Wealth is the abundance of valuable resources or material possessions or the control of such assets.

One could use intelectual wealth as an idea, though.

Closed.
Originally Posted by apple View Post
Wealth is the abundance of valuable resources or material possessions or the control of such assets.

One could use intelectual wealth as an idea, though.

Closed.

I think Huck meant for this to be more of a "thinking" question rather than a "Google wealth" question. I've reopened this for now. If you feel that I was wrong in doing so or that this topic is going nowhere feel free to reclose it.
I'm just a little kid.
Originally Posted by ForumMod View Post
I think Huck meant for this to be more of a "thinking" question rather than a "Google wealth" question. I've reopened this for now. If you feel that I was wrong in doing so or that this topic is going nowhere feel free to reclose it.

Thank you.

In my opinion, wealth depends on your life situation. If you live in a FEMA trailer, wealth could be a house. If you already live in a house, the idea of living in one wouldn't seem all that wealthy.

If you have 3 Lambos, and a 56 bedroom mansion, but no aspirations, wealth could be something other than materials.

For me personally, wealth would be a washer/dryer that I don't have to put quarters into. I feel wealthy in that I value education, and not many teenagers these days understand it's value.
Last edited by jxc1013; Apr 19, 2010 at 01:31 PM.
Thanks.
love when people post stuff like this.

wealth is different things to different people as was implied. I measure wealth by how full my life is, love, happiness, friends, family, how much/how little spare time i have etc.

if every spare moment i have was filled with activity i would consider myself wealthy
A wealthy man is one who is virtuous according to his standard(s) of value.
[doc]
seriously dude wealth is mostly standards of value
pple like this stuff being wealthy having everything mostly to some pple
DisTurbed

Originally Posted by Galt View Post
A wealthy man is one who is virtuous according to his standard(s) of value.

LOL! You've just made me the wealthiest man in wibbles :3

But i think my answer pretty much sums up any answer anyone else can give...

This thread has very little open for discussion...
SuicideDo, the Brewtal Drunken Immortal.
Originally Posted by SuicideDo View Post
LOL! You've just made me the wealthiest man in wibbles :3

But i think my answer pretty much sums up any answer anyone else can give...

This thread has very little open for discussion...

Hence why I closed it the first time. If no one got my point, I was hoping you did - wealth is a sense of materialistic value, generally, but you're trying to over-define something which is basically consensus. Sure, different people might think differently about it, but this is not really discussable.

Closed again.