Toribash
Original Post
Graphics card problem..
Sup, so I go to turn on my PC and everything seems fine until i realise the resolution is 800x600 and that aero isn't running. It also says it's installing drivers for a graphics adapter, so I check dxdiag to see if the graphics card is working. Turns out it isn't and everything is blank, so I go to Device Manager where my 8800GTX+ shows up with a little exclamation mark thing, it says I need to restart for it to work (as drivers have just finished installing). So I restart wondering what quite is happening and BOOM, my BIOS beeps at me (1 long, 3 short: graphics card failure) and now my PC wont boot up. Occasionally it will run but my screen stays in standby as if not getting a signal, the fan on my card is runs so no clue what's wrong..

The BIOS has thrown up that error before, but it was fine after I restarted (I assumed it just didn't start up properly).

Any suggestions?
:D
Just the usual, make sure it's seated correctly (with no crap on the slot/card), check power connectors etc.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Replugging the cables at the PSU end seems to have worked.
:D
Maybe got a bad connector, when you get 5mins unplug it & make sure none of the pins inside the cable have malformed. If any have just gently reshape.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you